2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just got my Mazda Hatch with the red Napa Interior. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations to keep the interior in top shape, I already tinted my windows with max heat reduction to avoid fading/cracking over the years. I noticed the thigh bolsters seemed a little high on the seat and requires my body to have to squeeze over it as I slide out the car, does anyone else feel the same way? I'm worried that side will start to crease over time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just got my Mazda Hatch with the red Napa Interior. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations to keep the interior in top shape, I already tinted my windows with max heat reduction to avoid fading/cracking over the years. I noticed the thigh bolsters seemed a little high on the seat and requires my body to have to squeeze over it as I slide out the car, does anyone else feel the same way? I'm worried that side will start to crease over time.

Thanks!
I've used this for years on car leather:
MEGUIARS Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner Conditioner G7214

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
The window tint will help a lot, but regardless, leather is extremely durable. Treat it once or twice a year with leather conditioner, and try to park in the shade when you can. It will show wear over time; that is what leather does, just ask any baseball glove or pair of leather shoes. If it gets too worn-looking, it can easily be re-dyed, and is pretty easy to repair if needed. Don't worry so much about it.

On a separate note, if you park in the sun a lot, try to park with your steering wheel a 1/4 turn to the left or right, not always straight ahead. The only leather that is showing wear on my wife's car is the top center of the leather steering wheel. That area has always gotten full sun, but it is 9 years old and has still held up pretty well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts