2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my Land Departure Warning light and Auto Headlight started flashing. I had the dealer scan for codes and 6 error codes came up. Not only is there an issue with the camera system that controls these features the module for the infotainment system keeps producing 4 other error codes - even thought I've had the module replaced. Mazda needs to get their act into gear on this one. Everyone that I talk to has some sort of issue(s) with the infotainment system..... #annoying. V28 is coming shortly....let's see what new issues come with it. LOL

·
Registered
590 Posts
My brother said I would dread the day my windshield got hit with all those sensors in there. Did ur windshield get hit. I know a good smack will require recallibration of the auto HL and lane thingy. Do u have 20 or 25v now

I AM GETTING WORRIED MYSELF IF THIS CAR IS A BAG OF PROBLEMS OR WE ARE FIRST YEAR TEST PIGS. Go check other forums.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Damn you seem to have quite a bit of issues with your 3 lol probably got a bad egg. This is one reason I didn't opt for the tech package, other than not needing it, just less things to go wrong lol I'm sure when everything is working it's a charm, but with any technology there's always the risk of problems, especially on a first model year. Anyways, hope you get this sorted out :D

PS @Babie I wouldn't worry too much about this car being a "bag of problems" it seems okay so far. When I bought my previous car brand new, it was the first model year too and had way more problems early on and that car didn't even have a lot of tech stuffs lol

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Today my Land Departure Warning light and Auto Headlight started flashing. I had the dealer scan for codes and 6 error codes came up. Not only is there an issue with the camera system that controls these features the module for the infotainment system keeps producing 4 other error codes - even thought I've had the module replaced. Mazda needs to get their act into gear on this one. Everyone that I talk to has some sort of issue(s) with the infotainment system..... #annoying. V28 is coming shortly....let's see what new issues come with it. LOL
Like @lowincash, I specifically did not want the sGT tech package because I think iELOOP is a scam and the other items don't always work as they were intended. I've had no error codes, no rattles, no infotainment issues, and no body problems on my sGT and I've had it for over 3 months now. As I've said in other posts, since Mazda has not been a profitable company they don't spend as much money on quality control as other brands. This was the risk I was most concerned about in purchasing this car. I got lucky this time. I think in the longer term, Mazda would have been better served by investing a little more in quality control as the cost of dealer repairs is much more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This may be the last Mazda I own. LOL. After scanning its the module that controls all the sensors/camera in the windshield. Typically when the windshield is dirty the SCBS obstruction warning light will come on but goes off as soon as the snow or dirt is cleaned off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been driving for years without all these "gimmicks" (sorry just my opinion) and after seeing all the strange bugs I am glad I stuck with the lower model.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've been driving for years without all these "gimmicks" (sorry just my opinion) and after seeing all the strange bugs I am glad I stuck with the lower model.
Just to let you know, I've had zero problems with the tech that is standard on the sGT like Adaptive Headlights, auto headlight on/off, climate control and rain sensing wipers. My Infotainment system has been flawless in what I'm using it for (i.e., I don't have an iPhone -- mine is Android). As I've said in other posts, the extra tech package for the sGT is something I wouldn't get on this car because the items in it take some of the driving control away from you and don't always work correctly.

Personally, I'm glad I went for the sGT instead of the lower models as I would have been so disappointed not to have the current technology that actually works. And I've got to tell you, the 2.5L engine in sports mode is a blast....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts