2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
1. Please let us know if you used a Nav-SD before in this car?
2. And if so, can you update it in the toolbox? I assume not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1. Please let us know if you used a Nav-SD before in this car?
2. And if so, can you update it in the toolbox? I assume not.
1. I did not use an SD-Nav before in the car.
2. The card that I received has the official (or official-looking) Mazda emblem complete with part number attached along with instructions on how to update the maps, so perhaps, but I haven't tried. I think that I purchased from a different vendor on Amazon than the link above, but it also cost $89USD.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes, so I believe what Tristan is getting at is that had you previously used a Nav card, the one you purchased from Amazon would not work since the previous one would have been registered to the Vin. Since this is your first nav card for the car, you should be able to update it with the Mazda toolbox until it expires....but you won't be able to get another Amazon SD to work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, so I believe what Tristan is getting at is that had you previously used a Nav card, the one you purchased from Amazon would not work since the previous one would have been registered to the Vin. Since this is your first nav card for the car, you should be able to update it with the Mazda toolbox until it expires....but you won't be able to get another Amazon SD to work.
right, i believe that's correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what happens after u use your 3 updates ? You won't be able to purchase another card down the road?

·
Registered
809 Posts
@IdoMRI : Correct. You could use the card forever, but you need to buy an extension/prolongin of the map update subscription, if you want to do more updates after 3 years. Of you just buy another Nav-SD after 3 years, this will work, but not be updateable.

@davyjordi : Never heard of "unlimited". Fingers crossed for you. What does the toolbox software show on the left at "expiration date"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts