2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Lane departure warning..

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  stegl 
#1 ·
I have the volume set on high for this and have tried the two setting of near or on line.
Is there A trick to getting this to work? I'm going to the dealer for my free oil change and replacement of my back-up camera due to moisture traped in the lens.

If I need the Lane departure warning fixed then I will have it done then, Just don't want to say it does not work and find out it was me.

#2 ·
I don't have the feature in mine because the technology behind it is not that good. Remember that it has to recognize the lines on the lane and that is a very difficult thing to do. Test it on a highway with newly painted lines or a street with curbs and bright lines. I can't see the feature working on most streets and roads in this country because we don't invest in infrastructure.

#4 ·
I have used it before on other cars it seem to work on fairly fadded painted lines. I have been trying to get it to work on a wide range of painted lines lately forgot to post that fact. I know there is something wrong I just do not know if it is just me. I could the only one here trying to get it to work.

#6 ·
It should work on well defined lines. Perhaps something is wrong or there is some limitation in the Mazda system. Do you actually use that feature? I don't go to sleep often when I'm driving a car nor am I ever drunk enough to worry about wandering all over the road. I also believe that the system turns off if you have your turn signals on.

#8 ·
It's nice to know it's there. Will be driving allot this summer and might be sleepy before the coffee kicks in. I'm saving drunk riding for the day when the car drives on it's own and I can crawl into the back seat. Until then the Taxi cab will get my money.

#9 ·
When LDWS is on it is pretty obvious. There is a big pic of a car with lines on either side in the HUD. When the lines are empty (just the outline), it cannot 'see' the lines. When they are filled in, it thinks it can.

I have used it quite a bit and it does a pretty good job. Even on whiteish concrete highway it can usually find the lines. I have found that it has a hard time when there is glare on the road when the sun is low in the sky--after sunrise and before sunset.

I like the rumble feature. It sounds like actual rumble strips coming from the side that is drifting out of the lane. And it is different than the beeping from the BSM.

Reactions: GASAVER14
#11 ·
All of the safety features turn a light on the dash when they are disabled accept this one. Just learned this one has an annoying light in the speedometer area when it's on. Do not know why they would do that but I guess I will live with it. Thanks for the help it's working now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.