2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with the HUD, do you see the lane departure warning graphic in your HUD? The manual says it should show it and also saw a video that shows it but mine will only show in the instrument cluster screen.

Not a big deal but I’m wondering if my system is glitching....

·
Registered
140 Posts
For those with the HUD, do you see the lane departure warning graphic in your HUD? The manual says it should show it and also saw a video that shows it but mine will only show in the instrument cluster screen.

I don't believe I've ever seen the warning in the HUD, just in the cluster as you said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I double checked the manual.

"If the white (yellow) lines on the traffic lane
are detected using the Forward Sensing
Camera (FSC) and the system determines
that the vehicle may be deviating from its
lane, it notifies the driver by flashing the
LDWS warning light and activating the
LDWS warning beep, and by the
multi-information display."

So no heads up indicator.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't believe I've ever seen the warning in the HUD, just in the cluster as you said.
I just took the car for a ride and wanted to better understand this. It does show lane departure in the active driving display (HUD) and the cluster by displaying the steering wheel lane departure assist as shown on page 4-152 of the owners manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lane departure assistant is not activated if you send a signal to the right or left and leave the lane
when you don't signal, a white strip of about 3 cm on the hud screen will flash 2 or 3 times and make a sound.
but you make it passive with the help of the key

·
Registered
7 Posts
hud

lane departure assistant is not activated if you send a signal to the right or left and leave the lane
when you don't signal, a white strip of about 3 cm on the hud screen will flash 2 or 3 times and make a sound.

·
2017 | GT | 6MT
25 Posts
This is the right answer. The car needs to lock on to lines on the road with the camera. when it does it will indicate it on the screen with two little parallel lines. I've found lane depart assist to not be that aggressive unless it's a two lane road and you drift in to oncoming traffic's lane. I tested it late at night on a quiet road and it was particularly aggressive in pulling back the wheel. I've also noticed it seems to be smart enough to know when you're not hanging on to the wheel because it's always subtly helping. On the highway when it's locked on and I was letting radar cruise do the pedal work, that I could essentially steer my car with one finger. It requires a small amount of steering input but it takes care of the rest. After I turned it off I noticed it for sure.

It's definitely no auto pilot (because that's not a very Mazda mind set) but it's for sure a good enough co-pilot to help you not make a stupid mistake.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the right answer. The car needs to lock on to lines on the road with the camera. when it does it will indicate it on the screen with two little parallel lines. I've found lane depart assist to not be that aggressive unless it's a two lane road and you drift in to oncoming traffic's lane. I tested it late at night on a quiet road and it was particularly aggressive in pulling back the wheel. I've also noticed it seems to be smart enough to know when you're not hanging on to the wheel because it's always subtly helping. On the highway when it's locked on and I was letting radar cruise do the pedal work, that I could essentially steer my car with one finger. It requires a small amount of steering input but it takes care of the rest. After I turned it off I noticed it for sure.

It's definitely no auto pilot (because that's not a very Mazda mind set) but it's for sure a good enough co-pilot to help you not make a stupid mistake.
The right answer to the wrong question; you guys misunderstood the question. It’s not about when/if it shows the alert. I am getting the alert properly but ONLY in the instrument cluster and not the HUD. For example the HUD displays :::BRAKE::: when it triggers the pre-collision alert and it seems that Steering wheel icon should be you see in the cluster should also display in the HUD (which I am not seeing)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see the lane departure "steering wheel" indicator on both the HUD and instrument cluster as well as the blind spot indicator which I initially thought was glare on the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Mine shows in the hud

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been wondering about this too. I have a 2019 Premium Hatch, United States market. The only things I have seen displayed in my HUD are: Speed, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Cruise Control. I do not currently have the Nav SD card, but it is on order for 50 bucks through ebay (I hope it works, its the correct part number). Nav should get me turn by turn and some map defined street signs. This hud seems to be a downgrade from my 2017 Mazda 3 GT with tech package in terms of display content. I also miss the heated steering wheel and LED fogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been wondering about this too. I have a 2019 Premium Hatch, United States market. The only things I have seen displayed in my HUD are: Speed, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Cruise Control. I do not currently have the Nav SD card, but it is on order for 50 bucks through ebay (I hope it works, its the correct part number). Nav should get me turn by turn and some map defined street signs. This hud seems to be a downgrade from my 2017 Mazda 3 GT with tech package in terms of display content. I also miss the heated steering wheel and LED fogs.
Did the Navi SD card wind up making the lane keep assist show up in the HUD? I just bought a 2020 M3 and its not showing on mine either. Just ordered an SD card from ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the Navi SD card wind up making the lane keep assist show up in the HUD? I just bought a 2020 M3 and its not showing on mine either. Just ordered an SD card from ebay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
LKA does not show in the HUD. Only the blindspot monitoring does in terms of safety information in the HUD.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts