2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the general consensus is for fog lights. I see a lot of people using yellow laminx with white HIDs. Is there a reason they dont just get the 3000K HID bulbs which have a yellow output?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Just wondering what the general consensus is for fog lights. I see a lot of people using yellow laminx with white HIDs. Is there a reason they dont just get the 3000K HID bulbs which have a yellow output?
3000k HID just aren't that yellow. The brighness if HID's wash the color out. The yellow laminx helps to make the yellow more intense

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
3000k HID just aren't that yellow. The brighness if HID's wash the color out. The yellow laminx helps to make the yellow more intense

I agree, I have yellow lamin-x and 5k in my PT Cruiser fogs, and like it a lot. I don't drive with the fogs on all the time.

I will probably end up with the same thing in my Mazda after I add the factory fog kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the fogs are pretty much just for looks, I still have never really seen them actually help with anything.
i totally agree. i can't tell a difference whether they're on or off.

that being said, i did put yellow overlays on mine from headlight armor because i like the way it looks. HA is the same thing as lamin-x, just a few mils thicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
diff way to go...

just thought i would give a diff perspective...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for the input.. i'll probably go with the 5000K and yellow overlays. Just got a new job that pays a lot more than my current :clap 1:.. so thinking im finally going to buy a few things I've been wanting to get for my MZ3 like the overlays, simota sri and the cs rear sway bar

·
Registered
246 Posts
The reason fog lights are yellow is because under poor visability conditions (fog,rain,etc) they tend to have less of a glareback effect... (Hence reason why theyre usually referred to as "Fog Lights") When driving through fog your headlight tend to bounce off the fog and reflect everywhere... Yellow light tend to not bounce as much... Thats why fog lights are usually mounted low and aim to the ground to light up the road right away...

But, now a days its pretty much has become a cosmetic trend.

Just putting it out there...

Also im running 3500k with yellow laminate.... HELLA noticeable from a far! Functionality... little...

Jamerling ive been considering your idea...

·
2010 MZ3
144 Posts
Reason I put the yellow overlays is mainly for looks during the day time when I'm not using the lights.. lol. Here's some pics of it installed and another car without it for you to compare.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
@maoyokhan Looks good! I don't see many cars in my area with yellow fogs (seen plenty of pics), but I did see a car with yellows fogs the other night and I really liked it... Makes me want to do it now!

·
2010 MZ3
144 Posts
@maoyokhan Looks good! I don't see many cars in my area with yellow fogs (seen plenty of pics), but I did see a car with yellows fogs the other night and I really liked it... Makes me want to do it now!
Thanks!:yes: It's not really an expensive mod, and it's very easy to put on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts