2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've ordered my Rm 1.25 and they should be here next week (working on rims and side sills). My question is, can I slap the springs on and go or should I upgrade the shocks with some koni STRT's like many have? Will the OEM shocks feel any different and can they handle the springs for a couple of months? I just don't want to leave them in garage collecting dust. ( I've heard that Koni has sales Jan/Feb which is why I want to wait to get either STRT's or yellows depending what your inputs are on the yellow.)

Also, If I were to get some Koni Yellows, is there anything that I need to cut or modify inorder to fit my 2011 s sport sedan? I'm just curious because I don't want to damage anything and would prob just go STRT in that case.

THANKS GUYS! :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys, I've ordered my Rm 1.25 and they should be here next week (working on rims and side sills). My question is, can I slap the springs on and go or should I upgrade the shocks with some koni STRT's like many have? Will the OEM shocks feel any different and can they handle the springs for a couple of months? I just don't want to leave them in garage collecting dust. ( I've heard that Koni has sales Jan/Feb which is why I want to wait to get either STRT's or yellows depending what your inputs are on the yellow.)

Also, If I were to get some Koni Yellows, is there anything that I need to cut or modify inorder to fit my 2011 s sport sedan? I'm just curious because I don't want to damage anything and would prob just go STRT in that case.

THANKS GUYS! :thumbup 1:
If you want to put them on you will have no problems at all. I had eibach pro kits on my stock shocks for a little while and I loved it and had no problems. But if I were you I would wait till you had everything cause that way you do it once and your done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you want to put them on you will have no problems at all. I had eibach pro kits on my stock shocks for a little while and I loved it and had no problems. But if I were you I would wait till you had everything cause that way you do it once and your done.
I agree. Much cheaper just to do everything at once if you're going to to have a shop do the install.

Make sure to get an alignment as well after you lower the car.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Not only is it cheaper, it's a lot easier to do it all at once and you can feel the difference a lot more.

I don't regret waiting to get it all at once one bit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts