2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Koni discontinuing or replacing the Mazda3 Special Active Red struts\shocks? I've noticed they are on sale almost everywhere right now but Tire Rack doesn't even list the driver's side front strut anymore . . .

I have 38k miles on my 2016 M3 sTouring 5-door. I'm thinking about swapping out the OEM struts and shocks for a set of Koni Special Actives as I near 40k. I will have a shop do this rather than doing it myself.

Does it make sense to replace any of the other components that are part of the struts\shocks assembly with new ones as well?

If yes, what would those parts be?

Are there any maintenance type tips to do in those areas at the same time while everything is apart?

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is Koni discontinuing or replacing the Mazda3 Special Active Red struts\shocks? I've noticed they are on sale almost everywhere right now but Tire Rack doesn't even list the driver's side front strut anymore . . .

I have 38k miles on my 2016 M3 sTouring 5-door. I'm thinking about swapping out the OEM struts and shocks for a set of Koni Special Actives as I near 40k. I will have a shop do this rather than doing it myself.

Does it make sense to replace any of the other components that are part of the struts\shocks assembly with new ones as well?

If yes, what would those parts be?

Are there any maintenance type tips to do in those areas at the same time while everything is apart?

Thanks!
buy upgraded front and rear sway bar links (Moog brand) from rockauto.com ... like less than $20 each corner

Reactions: perseus

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
strut mounts, seats, bump stops
This + KDY534081 spring protectors. I also stocked some SuperPro bushes for when the time comes. Apply ATP AT205 on all rubber boots/bushes to hopefully keep em hydrated & pliant...placebo for longer rubber service life? No harm there.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This + KDY534081 spring protectors. I also stocked some SuperPro bushes for when the time comes. Apply ATP AT205 on all rubber boots/bushes to hopefully keep em hydrated & pliant...placebo for longer rubber service life? No harm there.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Noted. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts