2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So apparently you can't run 2 heated seat cushions at the same time off the 12V outlet...even if they come with 2 wires out of their plug so you can run them both -.-

Drove down to VA and they worked just fine the whole 7 hour trip there. On the way back, plugged them in, turned them on, anddddd outlet is dead. I've already checked both the 15A fuses in the box on the drivers side door area. Both looked to be fine. Outlet definitely doesn't work, with the car off or on (it normally stays on all the time). I've tried using different plugs to make sure it wasn't the seat heaters themselves, definitely the outlet that's broken.

That being said, after I checked the fuses, I pulled the outlet itself out of the console to see if there was any indications the wires themselves were screwed up, but I can't see much of them to be able to tell. What I did see looked normal.

Is there something in the plug itself that could have broken? I detached it from the wires and was thinking of just trying to replace that if it could make a difference.

·
Rubber side down
266 Posts
This is a tough call. You say you plugged it into another outlet and tested the seat heaters and they worked just fine? I can't check now, but are there any primary fuses in the engine bay that may also be connected to the cig lighter outlet?

Do you have a model number of your seat heaters so maybe we can get better acquainted with the other side of the issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,945 Posts
There are at least two fuses in the under-hood fuse block that might control power to the accessory sockets, one 15 amp and one 30 amp. I'd think that the 15 amp circuit, fuse # 42 in the under hood block, may be one to check.

·
Registered
'15 Mazda3
164 Posts
Some times fuses LOOK fine, but they have an open circuit. Did you check the fuses with an OHM meter? Is there power at the fuse and/or power outlet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
fuses to test them with OHM or voltmeter to check the DC IN= 12 as the other end of fuse =12 in case car are on. i wounder that you never smelled burn.at the outlet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts