2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just got my 2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback about a week ago, and I noticed that the Keyless entry using the touchpad behind the door handle sometimes does not work. You can't unlock or lock the doors when you either touch the sensors. This has happened more frequent now.

Went to the dealer and as you expect, I got the "Cannot replicate" answer.

Also, I changed the batteries on the keyfob and made sure that it is not on power saving mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
CB

·
Registered
102 Posts
Common fault, I'd say 1 in 30 attempts the doors don't unlock and the same sort of experience once I open the door and sit in the car it tells me it can't detect the key so wont start (even though the door unlocked). I also changed the batteries but its nothing to do with that, I checked the voltage on the old batteries and they were fine (infact better than the new batteries I used)

Same with exiting, randomly just doesn't beep and the car doesn't lock.

My 13 year old Laguna with keyless system works better!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I've had this randomly too. Seems like it's one out of every twenty or thirty tries, the doors just won't unlock by touching the handle. I have to press the unlock button on the key fob, then everything seems to work normally. Kind of annoying.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Same problem here. I changed key fobs and have not had a problem with the second key. I was narrowing it down to a bad battery.

Apparently yet another flaw in the new Mazda3.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, I've had this randomly too. Seems like it's one out of every twenty or thirty tries, the doors just won't unlock by touching the handle. I have to press the unlock button on the key fob, then everything seems to work normally. Kind of annoying.
Yeah I have that same thing every so often where the car doesn't unlock and I have to take the key out of my wallet and unlock with the buttons. I also get something similar where the fuel cap doesn't unlock after I leave the car.

Like I said I have a 2006 renault Laguna which uses a keyless system (there key was much better shaped like a credit card) and I found the auto lock system works so much better than my Mazda.

Coincidentally I have found both cars will unlock, if you have the key in your pocket and use a power wash to wash your car... :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem but it turned out not to be a problem really.

If your passenger puts his hand on the handle at the same time as you, the doors will not unlock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had the same problem but it turned out not to be a problem really.

If your passenger puts his hand on the handle at the same time as you, the doors will not unlock.
Still a problem as I am sure like myself its experience by many ... without a passenger.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This I confirm on mine. I think it could be like a safety feature. If someone without the key put his hand in the handle it activate some extra protection that will require to push the button on the car key.

Despite those situations it fails me like 1 time per month. Nothing serious. Sometimes related with excess of wind or rain.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Happened to me today in a garage. No wind, rain or passenger. Put stuff in the passenger side no problem. Locked when walking to drivers side and would not unlock with the handle. Went back to the passenger side. No problem and worked again on the drivers side.

I realize I could have hit the button but wanted to see if the other side worked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same issue with touch points on handles, intermittent failures. I notice that the remote fob signal is very weak. Mine barely operates beyond 50 feet or so. Much less distance than the remote fob for my 2012.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,246 Posts
Rain breaks this car, from parking sensors, collision detection, lane departure, front wipers, demisters, dynamic cruise control they all don't work right in the rain.
Using cruise control in the rain can make hydroplaning worst and especially if the vehicle doesn't have traction control.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also find that I have to touch the exterior points on the handles multiple times to get it to lock in some conditions. Forget about walking away and auto-locking, that's never worked on my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Automatic unlock fails about 10% of the time for me. Automatic lock fails about half as frequently.

Annoying, and although I can live with it, I don’t understand why Mazda abides it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having same issue on my '19. .. Random. Keyfob shows it's sending the signal, but nothing happens.

Also the range of this keyfob is suspect... Not very far... Maybe 50-70 feet.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 3 iTouring, 2016 Mazda 3 iTouring, 2017 Mazda 3 Grand Touring, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD Premium
39 Posts
Also the range of this keyfob is suspect... Not very far... Maybe 50-70 feet.
Totally agree with you. Compare to my gen3, the range for gen 4 is super short and I hate that sometimes when I forgot to lock my car, I have to walk back to the front of my car and lock it.

·
*The Electrician*
853 Posts
Totally agree with you. Compare to my gen3, the range for gen 4 is super short and I hate that sometimes when I forgot to lock my car, I have to walk back to the front of my car and lock it.
Touch the keyfob to your chin, uses your head as a range extension. Don't ask me why or how that works, just do it and you will see that yes it does work. One of the weirdest things I ever learned while working for a dealership. Works for my garage door opener too lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just got 2019 Mazda 3 (GS) Canadian model. I’m touching all over the handle and it won’t lock or unlock but the key works fine.. do I need to enable the advanced key entry from somewhere ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts