2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mazda 3 Lover
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I notice that I sometime I need to press the open button 2 or 3 times for it to work. I presume its the battery. is it easy to change the battery or should we bring it at a shop to do it? its a mazda 2015 keyless 3 button keyfob. please advise

·
Registered
151 Posts
2010 Mazda3 here, and yes, they keyfob battery is something you can change yourself. The instructions are in the owner's manual, but I found the diagrams unclear and wasn't sure how much force to apply. Not wanting to break anything, I searched YouTube videos that showed the procedure. I'm sure one's available for your 2015 Mazda.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's easy to change takes less than a minute. You can partially remove the key behind the fob and do a hard twist and it will pop the back off giving you access to the battery.

·
Mazda 3 Lover
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have changed the fob battery by the help of a youtube video and its working fine now. thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's very easy to change by yourself as others said.
I had to replace the battery early last year for my 2016 Mazda. This is very short time, compared to the battery in my remote for the other car (non Mazda) which lasted more than 5 years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its super simple. You just twist the back off after you pull out the physical key. But the dealership around here does free battery replacement so it could be worth it to check.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its super simple. You just twist the back off after you pull out the physical key. But the dealership around here does free battery replacement so it could be worth it to check.
My dealer charged me 10 canuck bucks for battery replacement.

·
Redtag
6 Posts
Hi folks,
just bought a second-hand 2014 Mazda3. It only came with 1 key fob so I bought a second one (not from a dealer, but from a locksmith). Worked fine, but it's battery flattened pretty soon. The red warning light indicating a low battery came on and stayed on even when I used my original key fob and the new one with a fresh battery. Is it possible to clear the warning light or is there something more sinister going on? I'm not too worried about the light, and I'm taking it in for a service in July, in fact one side benefit of the current situation is that the low battery status seems to disable the iSTOP, which is a waste of time for the type of driving I do.
Any ideas???
Redtag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts