2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum here so not sure if this is the right spot to post this question. I have owned the car since new, has about 46,000km on it now, no accidents, no issues at all since new. Really great car.

However, today I try to open the doors with the key fob. The lights on the fob flash red, but no click sound such as when the doors unlock.

I try the other fob, same thing. I put a new battery in the fob, same thing.

I am guessing that if I use the key to open the drivers side door, the alarm will sound? I think I read somewhere that if there is an issue with some switch, it may detect an issue and trigger the alarm?

My guess is the car battery is dead, as it is coming up on 4 years now. Bums me out, in old days we would pop the hood with the mechanical lever (outside the car) and replace the battery.

Anyone know if the alarm will sound when I try the key in the drivers door? It is after hours, so don't want to try with no Mazda dealer being open at this time of night.

This is what I hate about new technology. It is designed to break and difficult for users to fix without dealer help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, new to the forum here so not sure if this is the right spot to post this question. I have owned the car since new, has about 46,000km on it now, no accidents, no issues at all since new. Really great car.

However, today I try to open the doors with the key fob. The lights on the fob flash red, but no click sound such as when the doors unlock.

I try the other fob, same thing. I put a new battery in the fob, same thing.

I am guessing that if I use the key to open the drivers side door, the alarm will sound? I think I read somewhere that if there is an issue with some switch, it may detect an issue and trigger the alarm?

My guess is the car battery is dead, as it is coming up on 4 years now. Bums me out, in old days we would pop the hood with the mechanical lever (outside the car) and replace the battery.

Anyone know if the alarm will sound when I try the key in the drivers door? It is after hours, so don't want to try with no Mazda dealer being open at this time of night.

This is what I hate about new technology. It is designed to break and difficult for users to fix without dealer help.
I had a similar thing happen to me once, I used the key, opened the door and no alarm went off. I only experienced this once and never had any issues after.

If the car battery is in fact dead, the alarm will not sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts