2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOTE: This is an issue with the KEY FOB only. There is no "key chip" for my model AFAIK, this is not the "switchblade"-type key and fob but the separate fob and key.

Car: 2006 Mazda3 s Hatchback (base model)

Problem: I purchased a second (used) key fob (I only had one). Same model (Visteon Model 41846), same FCC ID, same IC. Then I followed the instructions (and several variations) that I found online ("http://www.programyourremote.com/c...-programming-instructions-listing-6770.aspx"]) as follows:

2006 Mazda 3 Keyless Entry Remote Fob Smart Key Programming Instructions

1. Close all doors, open drivers door, key out of ignition.
2. Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power lock switch on door panel.
3. Insert key into the ignition.
4. Turn key to the ON and OFF position 3 times in 10 seconds. Leave key in ignition.
5. Close and open drivers door 3 times ending with door in the open position.
6. Door locks should respond by locking and unlocking.
7. Press any button on remote 2 times. Doors should then lock and unlock.
8. If programming a second remote press any button on it 2 times and door locks should lock and unlock.
9. Remove key from ignition and locks should lock and unlock again.
10. Test Remotes

However, I cannot get the new (used) remote to work. I have tried it with two batteries (and voltage tested both of them) and slightly bent up the contacts inside the remote to ensure good, er, contact with the battery, I have tried doing the new (used) remote before doing my existing remote, nothing seems to work.

I have a multimeter (that I don't really know how to use)--is there anything inside the remote to check and how do I do that? Or do I just hit the ripcord and contact the seller for a refund? I only paid $17.95 but the seller said the unit was in "good working order" (Ebay-speak, amiright?).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bump also having the same exact problem 2005 mz3 s hatchback except mine doesn't go into programming mode (automatically locking and unlocking) letting me know it's ready for the key fob.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FOLLOW-UP:

I returned the key fob I bought and purchased another one from a different seller on Ebay -- yourkeylessremote -- for a whopping $8.99.

I had it programmed in about 15 seconds and it works great. It has the original IC chip inside a new case. If you need one (and the seller has remotes for all kinds of other Mazdas, etc.), I highly recommend them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts