2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Mazda owners,

I have question. I have no idea where to post this.. But maybe you guys can help. I have a 2010 m3 2.5 touring hatch with the tech package. I have been having issues with my key fob after hitting the start button to shut the car off, opening the door and stepping out. Lately the car has been sounding the warning beeps like it does when I have the car started and leave with the fob. Except yesterday when I did it (which its not even supposed to do after I shut the car off) it started spazzing out as I walked away from it, randomly locking and UN locking, beeping like I was hitting lock and unlock, lock and unlock on the key.. I was like what!? I did manage to lock it by repeatedly hitting lock on my key and walking away far enough. Could that be a low bat on the key? Shouldn't my dash tell me the key battery is low? My next step is to take it into the good ol dealer but I hate going all the way out there since it's like an hour away.. Thanks guys!!

-Andy

·
Registered
752 Posts
Id try taking the battery cables off for a few minutes before I wasted time going to the dealer. Who knows with the smart key system Its a strange beast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^yeah, just hoping its not a persistent problem through the cars life..

Yesterday it started again when I'm in proximity i.e. when I walk up to the drivers side door, and stand there for a second, it starts beeping and unlocking, locking.. Its almost like it still thinks its in the car, but isn't sure. Ugh

Im thinking its with only the one fob I have. I started using the spare (without the trunk popper) and it "seems" to be working okay.

I think its just the battery? I'll update if the other one starts acting up.

- Andy

·
Registered
752 Posts
This is really odd. I wish none of my key fobs had a trunk popper though I keep hitting it in my pocket getting in the car lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts