2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some Kensun HID for my mazda 3 i touring. Any advice or words of caution? Should be here tomorrow and installed this weekend.
DSC01959.JPG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive heard pretty good things about them. And Ive seen it installed on youtube. Super easy. Do you know how hot they get? I live in California where it gets 100 in the summer. I dont know where to mount the ballast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also just installed the HID kit for my headlights, now thinking if I should install some for my foglight which btw coming in tomorrow. but the thing is I switch the 15a fuse for 20a and it still takes more than 30 secs before it brights up the light to normal. Contact Kensun and they recommended me to buy the relay harness (for 25 bucks). Deciding if I should get it or just ignore the 30sec delay.

oh btw:
does anybody know where to find how to remove the front bumper? because I look high and low, only found some for 2009. or are they all the same? the website was original was here for a dual horn with Novustechnic.com doesn't exist anymore.

Edit: I forgot to mention, is it normal to hear a very slight pinging/static noise after I turn on my headlights. Does anyone has this problem. I'm not sure, but it feels like it's coming from my 8" woofer on the under of the passenger side seat. Before I don't have this problem. I also tried turning off the woofer but I can still hear it but it only last less than a min. It's more noticable without the music.

http://imgur.com/a/XW0ua

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought some Kensun HID for my mazda 3 i touring. Any advice or words of caution? Should be here tomorrow and installed this weekend.
View attachment 43889
Try to put the ballast away from the engine as much as possible. those thing gets really hot, you don't want extra heat from the engine to cause any issue.

I use the foamy double sided tape from scotch. and before sticking it. I used alcohol to clean the location to make sure it stay put.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up mounting mine very similar to yours. the left one i mounted up by the back strut bar bolts. I noticed a huge improvement in light and love the look of the lights. Very happy. Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
HID's need time to warm up completely. Though 20 seconds do seem a bit much. Not sure if it's because you have 6k lights. And as far as the pinging noise goes, it sounds like it could be because your sub is picking up the frequency and interference from your cables. Example: you wouldn't want an amp power cable running down the same side of the car as your speaker cable because they'll pick up the interference thus causing the static

·
Registered
345 Posts
Emitting a light that is 3 times brighter than ordinary halogen bulbs, HID lights greatly assist the driver in providing a clearer and expanded view of what is ahead.
Except the light physically can't go any further down the road without changing the aim due to the cutoff and factory aim. Width will increase slightly but not by a large margin as width is dictated by the projector bowl.

·
Registered
345 Posts
HID's need time to warm up completely. Though 20 seconds do seem a bit much. Not sure if it's because you have 6k lights. And as far as the pinging noise goes, it sounds like it could be because your sub is picking up the frequency and interference from your cables. Example: you wouldn't want an amp power cable running down the same side of the car as your speaker cable because they'll pick up the interference thus causing the static
Chinese HIDs will usually take between 40-60 seconds to warm up. Using a relay harness helps warm up time slightly. Morimoto DSP ballasts are the quickest aftermarket ballasts on the market at about 5-10 seconds I believe. OEM is the best of all of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts