·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
They had two videos listed. You may want to check their website out. Google translate worked for me on there.
CK

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just got some chinese aluminium bolt on paddle extenders I found on ebay. they just fit over the existing paddles.
They're red anodised and look great in the car.

I use them on my sacreligous auto MX5...

I drove a CX3 the other day which had the standard paddles and I couldn't stand it, the extended paddles are much, much nicer.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
That sucks. It is possible. I believe rally cars have paddle shifters and some corvettes with manual trans
The Corvette paddle shifters you're thinking of aren't for shifting. They're the on/off switches for the standard rev-matching feature. If you've seen a rally car with paddle shifters, it's possibly a semi-automatic transmission which is an automatic transmission that's manually shifted by the paddles as opposed to being shifted on its own. You're looking at lots of money to do a paddle shifted manual transmission because it would all most likely have to be custom made if it's even possible, or you could just trade in your manual for an auto at a dealership and install paddle shifters.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was thinking about buying a carbon fiber version of these but noticed it’s only held on by 3m tape. Do I need the bolts or is 3m tape fine?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
The ones that are held on by 3M tape are meant to attach to the OEM paddle shifters that come with the car.

The ones being mentioned in this thread replace the OEM paddle shifters.

And your question would depend on what you are willing to accept, quality wise, in your car.
CK

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dnt use the screw even though it would hold better, it will damage the paddle shifter. Just use original 3m tape and it will stick just fine. Thou i still want that ken style paddle shift instead of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dnt use the screw even though it would hold better, it will damage the paddle shifter. Just use original 3m tape and it will stick just fine. Thou i still want that ken style paddle shift instead of this.
Nice! Do you have the link to this product?

Thanks!
Its everywhere in aliexpress. Just search mazda paddle shifter extension

1 - 16 of 16 Posts