2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, Has anyone with any generation Mazda used these LED in their low beam?

its has really good reviews on CivicX forum and rated the best budget LED for projector headlights on Bulbfacts.com

I currently have DDM Plus 35W HID and they are okay, better than Halogen for sure. Pretty decent/ok budget HID out there. Im looking for bright options but want to stay away from 55w HID due to the heat it produces. Does anyone know if these will be brighter than DDM Plus 35W HID / any budget 35W HID?

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
6500k is a bit to far into the blue range I think. 5500 - 6000k makes a cleaner whiter light.
These are the ones I am using-
Cool thanks! Too bad the h11 are out of stock! How long have you had it and how’s it been? Have you compared these ones to 35w HID in terms of brightness and heat?

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
Cool thanks! I’ll check them out. How long have you had it and how’s it been? Have you compared these ones to 35w HID in terms of brightness and heat?
I installed them in August 2017, no issues so far.
Didn't even try HIDs. I didn't see any point to it when these are at least as good without the heat issues. They are simple plug and play for the low beam projectors.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed them in August 2017, no issues so far.
Didn't even try HIDs. I didn't see any point to it when these are at least as good without the heat issues. They are simple plug and play for the low beam projectors.

Ahh too bad they are out of stock!

Any other LED kit for low beam worth trying under $70 that won’t destroy my housing lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have any pictures? And have you compared these to HID by any chance?
Sorry, I don't. I went with LEDs as opposed to HIDs because of the low cost and simple bulb swap. For the cost they're excellent. They light up the road sooo much better than halogens and there's also less glare reflected back off of street signs, which is a big issue for my 50 year old eyeballs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts