2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought id jump on the wagon. Since I have plans for this car, might as well im gonna share what i am doing to it. Ill keep posting stuff in the thread as the mods go onto the car. Here is everything iv done to the car so far.

So here are some old pictures (over 1 year old) the first weeks when i got the car.

The first mod I had done was nothing major. Plasti-dipped the emblems blaaaaack! (Started modding sometime during winterbreak so 2013 January)

Up next was the rear bumper valance and the remaining emblems on the car...

Then followed the the LED footwell kit (were at the beginning of 2013 Summer)

Both front footwells had LED's (This was the Mazda Plug N' Play Kit)

Next up i remember i tried painting on eyelids with Plasti-dip. It probably would have worked if I had black plasti-dip underneath and then painted a few coats on with red plasti-dip on top. I took em off. Plus i decided i rather have normal eyelids that are actually gonna last and look nice on my car. Here is a picture of one of them that i did.

From what i remember, the next mod was the Corkport LED interior kit and a few decals.

Corksport Decals

And the Polish Eagle

P.S I ended up taking that blue and orange mascot for my school (the vinyl decal or w.e) off. It looked out of place on the car. Especially next to the eagle.

Later i ended up finding, a JDM leaf/badge, or whatever you wanna call it, that had the Polish colors and eagle on it. Decided to keep it on my window, since its on a suction cup thingy, i can tilt it sideways or have it straight. I really didnt know know until after i put the badge on what it meant. It means beginners welcome, new driver, etc. Something with driving. I know in Japan they need to have these leafs displayed (with the original colors), and by they i mean new drivers. I decided to go with... Beginners welcome. Since im not a new driver hahaha, also thought it looked cool with the Polish colors. Here is a picture of it

Few weeks after I ordered my DRLs and yellow tint film, and smoked tint film.

Here are the DRLs and the yellow tint film.

Me and my dad hooked up the DRLs without really following the directions given. They shut off automatically little after you get out of the car and lock it. Which is cool. Got these on eBay.

Then i decided to tint my lights on my own. And boy... was that a bad choice hahaha. Took me around 2.5 hours to do both of the reverse lights. And i didnt do them perfectly, they looks ok, but if you look up close you can see where i folded the tint, and there are a few bubbles. I decided that once i get my windows tinted, ill have the people tint my lights as well. BTW i used tint film, not vinyl. I drive with the film still on. It dosent look that bad, you get used to it hahaha. Everyone is asking me why didnt i tint the corner ones. Well i tried but since they got that bump, and they are so curvy they are a pain to do. Took me about 1 hour to do one... and i didnt even finish it, because i kept getting a giant air bubble. So that piece of tint went to the garbage.

Now we fast forward from the summer to well... October actually. So this month! hahaha

I ordered the Corksport Performance Exhaust with racepipe sometime during the first 2 weeks of September, 1st week of school haha. Once it came to my house... i got these pictures from my dad!

About 2 weeks after it came to my house, i decided to go back home and put it on, with the help of my dad of course. He really wanted to do it hahaha

It looks great and it sounds great. I actually put together a reving/drive along video with some commentary. It came out to be about 15-16 minutes long, but it didnt want to upload. So ill post 2 reving clip below. I didnt rev too much since i was in the parking lot haha, and of course use headphones to listen to the sound, you wont get anything through laptop speakers. Or if you have a sound system with a sub that works great. I played the clips in my Mazda through Aux from my phone and it sounded almost like the actual thing. Very close. This was recorded with a Samsung Galaxy S4. If i get around to it ill make a shorter ride along video than i did before, or maybe the video will upload one day hahaha. But anyway here are 2 clips! Enjoy! And Happy modding.

Outside, the camera was about a foot away from the tip.
2010 Mazda 3 Dual Exit (2.5L) Corksport Exhaust With Racepipe Video by KamilerPL | Photobucket

Here is one where i have my door open and im sitting inside and reving a little bit
2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback Corksport Exhaust With Racepipe (2.5L) Video by KamilerPL | Photobucket

·
Registered
484 Posts
Looks like it's coming along nicely. Your dad sounds like the type of father I'm going to be when my son has a car. I'm gonna be bugging him all the time to help mod his car. :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it's coming along nicely. Your dad sounds like the type of father I'm going to be when my son has a car. I'm gonna be bugging him all the time to help mod his car. :lol:
Thanks! I was into car since i was little. Then as i grew up, and got to help my dad with his projects and stuff like that i got into them even more. I consider myself a car guy. Some say cars are my obsession, and i dont blame them, cuz once i get started on cars i dont shut up lol. Everytime my dad is fixing something small on one of the cars he always calls me over to watch so i can learn and i learn. The only thing me and my dad cant really agree on is the electrical things in the cars hahaha cuz we dont know much about electrical stuff. And yea hahaha i get ya! Thats what im probably gonna end up doing one day if i have a son... well even if i end up having a daughter same thing haha.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im trying on what to do next. Im kinda stuck hahaha

I already have the most expensive part that i want for my car. Which was the exhaust. Trying to decide if i should do a lip in the front, and mud flaps next and have the roof painted black along with the trunk door. Also remove the light tint from the reverse lights.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well had to dig up this thread. lol. Last time I updated it was October 28th.

Anyway, i didnt post much since all mods after the exhaust were put aside until i get more money. With only working during the summer and breaks you dont get much, at least im learning how to manage money better. lol. Well anyway...

I had a little dillema, my dad got a Saabaru (Saan 9-2x linear) and i wanted it, got too hyped up, wanted it bad, helped my dad swap the engine etc. But i figured why switch cars and start dumping money all over again into another car. lol. Plus the mazda is new etc and it comfortable, and im gonna probably stay with it. Actually i will stay with it... just have to break it to my dad still. Guessing he will just drive it around.

Was sitting down and thought what i still want to do to my mazda and here is the list.

-Wheels: 18x8 (or so) rotiform NUE wheels
-get windows tinted
-lower the car (idk how much yet, probably Eibach springs)
-Get a front lip (still debating)
-Fix all the plastidipped parts (put new plastidip or actually paint em black)
-Tint the rear taillights (whole, have me professionally done)
-Paint roof black (or plastidip)
-HIDs to match my DRLs, my front end looks like a christmas tree if i have my DRLs, fogs and lights on at the same time.
-Thinking about painting the headlights black on the inside.
-Kinda want to do something to the interior but idk what. my interior is black. With silver plastic pieces. The roof liner is beige/grey.
-Want to change my head unit... but i cant really find anything i like. Eonon is the only closest thing that i would try to get. (im good with my current one too, maybe thinking about swapping to the 6 CD one)
-Also would like to change the speakers in my car. Not sure to what though. (also i dont know if i should add a sub)
-And last... insulate the car a bit. The exhaust is great, but its actually pretty loud in the back, my dad says it a bit too loud, my friends cant really talk among each other when i drive them or something, and it gets a bit annoying sometimes. When im blasting music i can faintly hear it, and dont mind it. I also dont mind it on short trips or regular commute to whatever. But the 3 hour drives that i take home and back during breaks....listening to the exhaust for 3 hours kinda takes a toll on you haha. Especially when you have hills and sometimes wind and the car is struggling a little the tone gets really deep.

Quick question:

Does anyone know why music through AUX is louder than any other source? My radio is pretty quiet when playing the stations. And bluetooth is louder than radio but quieter than aux.

Ill also post pictures of my car (just some current photos, even though nothing really changed) sometime this week. Managed to take some pretty cool photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts