2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

Wing extension is finally on. I like this one a lot better than the universal ducktail.

Mounting the tires on my rims tomorrow. Not too sure when I’ll mount the rims on the car as I need to pull my fenders a little bit more or cut them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Tires mounted. Pretty decent stretch.

215/40/18 Achilles ATR Sports on 18x9.5 +22 AodHan DS02s w/OEM Mazda TPMS sensors.

Hopefully I can get them mounted on MiCA tomorrow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
And they’re on

Excuse the dirty car. I let my impatience get the best of me & threw them on before cleaning her up.

New 1 piece lugs & spiked valve stem cap thrown on & all with the joy of OEM TPMS sensors, so no annoying light for me.

Final wheel specs

Front 18x9.5 +7 (15mm Spacer)
Rear 18x9.5 +2 (20mm Spacer)

New flares should be going on soon as well as the OEM fogs & other goodies I have.

Need to work on getting her closer to the ground in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Hood struts installed today. Missed having these since having them on my 1st Gen 6.

New flares & BaysonR rear lip to be installed this weekend, weather permitting, as will my new S204 lip, as well, since I destroyed my prior one on the freeway somehow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Gonna try my hand at wrapping my wheel spokes with purple vinyl. Have yet to see purple rims on my island, so heres to being different. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Traded in the wife’s 2017 3 for a fully loaded 2019 Mazda 3 Premium a couple weeks ago. Safe to say I’m in love with this car. Hahaha. Probably gonna trade mine in for a 2019 3 sedan or a 2019 cx5 signature model.
Messed around with the depth feature on the 10s Max. Managed to get some decent pics of the new 3. If I’m right, I think this is the only one of the newer premium 3s running around the island of Oahu. Mazda here is currently trying to get rid of their 2018 stock, as the only 2019 for sale is the base model, but it helps when she works at Mazda. Haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Got my fogs, rear lip, quick release bumper & door handle covers installed today.

Took the mud guards off while I had the car in the car. Quite tired of scraping on every bump & entrance I pull into. Car is hella dirty but don’t pay it too much mind. Haha

Got some eyelids in from Russia. Debating whether or not to modify them before I paint & mount.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Swapped out my dual color LEDS from the low beams into my fogs & swapped my 6k LEDs back into my lows. Wanted to throw in my RGB H11s that I previously had in my lows into the fogs, but I seemed to have misplaced them in a parts bin, so the dual colors will work for now.

& these are the eyelids I was talking about. They have this “tail”that comes down the side of it. Not sure if I wanna keep it that way or cut it off & follow the body lines. Only reason I kinda like it is that it somewhat covers the ugly orange reflective insert inside the housing. Haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Megan Racing strut bar installed. Thought they sent me the wrong bar at first until I realized they had the mounts switched for shipping purposes I guess, or at least I hope that’s the case. Fits good though. Need to tweak the passenger side mount a little as it’s about 1-2mm wider to where the bar secures to it.

HPS short ram intake that shipped a week ago should arrive within the next week or so. Oh the joys of living on a rock in the middle of the ocean...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
HPS Short Ram intake is in.

Finally have that throaty sound that I loved on my old 1st gen 6. Engine bay is dirty as hell, but hopefully I’ll have time to dress it up after I wash & semi-detail her tomorrow. & Yes I know the way everything is wired looks like a$$, but given the limited time I allot myself, it’s more of a “get it done” mentality as opposed to “get it some & looking good.” I do plan on rewiring everything better when I decide to take vacation from work. As she sits, I’m not happy with it, but it works which is what matters to me rn. Not like I’m planning on going to car shows or putting my hood up other than installing or changing something.

Also looking at trying to fab up a way to run the intake as a cold air with the filter closer to the ground or just going with a enclosed area around the filter & cutting & fitting a vent into the top nose portion of the bumper to take in or “force” cold air into the box. I’ll see how it works out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Haven’t had much time to do much lately. Slowly starting to redo my interior trim.

Since I no longer have the white steering wheel, the PD white center console has started to feel out of place for a while. Took a little time yesterday to see how the purple wrap I have for my rims lays down & applies & I must say, easiest wrap I’ve worked with by far.

Did both dash trims in the purple vinyl & embossed some stickers behind the longer one. Came out decent without the use of a heat gun. Will end up going back over with a heat gun to define the ridges in the stickers & make it look cherreh.

Can’t wait to get the time to wrap the center console & my rims now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Took the time this weekend to clean MEEkUh up. Wanted to clay bar, compound & ceramic but ran out of good weather. Just followed up the wash with a Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine.

Stuck the eyelids on a while ago. Just never took pics. Lol. So here they are. Hahaha

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Roof racks purchased & installed. Not bad for a $40 set of racks. Looking to buy a roof basket now so I can run a lit Christmas tree on my roof during the month of December. Lmao.

Also have her a bath this weekend & got my curtains back on for shits & giggles.

Switching color schemes & going mint green in the next couple months. Re-wrapping my interior in mint green as well as painting my rims mint green while keeping the lip polished. May try my hand at turning the lips into a mirror finish. We see how it goes.

Btw, does anyone know anything about Dronell rims? Lmao. Got someone selling a set locally for 150. Trying to figure out if they’re actual 3 piece wheels or just made to look like it. From what I can find, they’re from Japan & were discontinued being imported in 2002 or around there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Got my cargo basket mounted on a couple days ago. Took a couple quick pics at work. Ready for this upcoming Christmas season.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/QUOTE]
hey I just saw this forum and was wondering what wing extension you had here and if you had an Instagram I could check out if you post pics on your car there and would possibly be able to answer some questions I have in your dms?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Quick early morning photo dump...

Interior color change completed. Wrapped trim pieces in to Tiffany blue pearl wrap. Spray painted the center console satin black with a glitter top coat before clear coating.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Tiffany blue steering wheel & quick release installed.

Scored some L7s for $50 from a coworker. Grills were a bit beat up, so ended up painting them sky blue, followed with some pearl mist spray paint to give the Tiffany effect. Probably will end up painting my rims the same color. Too much people running purple now on the island.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Last but not least, installed a light bar on my roof rack yesterday for the hell of it. Not bad for a $40 light bar honestly. Let’s see how long it holds up...

61 - 80 of 82 Posts