2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howzit from the Aloha State.

Not very active on this forum as I used to be when I owned my 1.5 gen 6 & was on 6Crew or Mazda6Club. Figured I’d try to change that.

Purchased this car back towards the ending of March in 2017 after my Mazda6 was involved in a car accident. Bone stock automatic Black Mica 2013 Skyactiv3 HB. Made some purchases over the months of owning her but only now slowly installing them when time allows.

You may ask, “Why go with a purple accent color?” BECAUSE I CAN!! & because it’s a color you don’t see often & I don’t like being like others. Black car, white rims with purple lugs...who wouldn’t look? Lol. Some like it, some don’t. I don’t care. Still made them look. Trollolol.

What makes it funnier is a 6 foot 270lb Samoan hopping out of this small a$$ car. Makes me laugh all the time when I see people’s reactions when I hop out & the roof is just below my chest. “Why yes, of course, I did the driver seat delete & I drive from the back seat”

Anyway, without further ado, let me introduce MiCA (pronounced “Meekuh” cuz “Micah” just don’t sound right )

Not much to look at now, but slowly getting there.

Interior Mods
-Pioneer AVH-4300bt from previous car
-12” RE SXX in 2.3cu ft ported box
-1500w MTX 1501d Monoblock Amp
-2.5” Super Tweeters
-Purple Interior LEDs
-Painted center console (White)
-Crown Royal “Shift Boot”
-Purple Bubble Shift Knob
-Sparkle Purple Vinyl Wrapped Silver Dash Accents
-MSD DashHawk
-Hardwired Radar Detector

Exterior Mods
-Tein S Tech springs
-(Old) 18x8” G35 OEM Rims
-(Old)18x9.5” +29F/+17R Plastidip White Vordoven Forme9
-(New)18x95” +22 Silver Face w/machined lip AodHan DS02s
-215/40/18 Achilles ATR Sports
-Black Spiked 1 piece Lugs
-Black Spiked Valve Stem Caps
-Muffler delete w/3” truck tip
-RGB H11 LED Lows (Demon Eye Effect)
-RGB 9005 High Beams
-Switchback parking/signal lights
-Strobe turn signals
-Strobe Brake Lights
-36” Bentley Style 3rd Brake Light w/strobe module
-Full LED exterior lights
-VG Sharkfin Antenna
-S204 STi Lip
-White LED Strip License Plate Lights
-Re-wire Drivers Side Reverse light to Fog Light
-Mazdaspeed Wind Add-On
-Reverse Cam in Rear Tow Hook Cover
-35% Tint All Around
-DIY Side Splitters
-Quick Release & Steering Wheel
-DIY Side Skirt Extensions
-HD Rear Lip
-Universal 2” Fender Flares

To Be Installed/Started
-OEM Fog Lights
-RGB LED Halo rings
-Blacked out housings
-DIY Footwell LEDs
-2nd Cat & Res delete
-Roof Rack w/Sparkle Purple Vinyl wrapped fairing
-Sound Deadening
-Upgrade Stock Door Speakers
-DVD Headrests for my kids
-Coilovers
-Underglow LEDs
-MOAR LOW!!!... DEFINITELY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Rolled my fenders, got my rims, purple lugs & S204 lip from my old car installed before the rain hit. Just gotta repaint my lip, snatch up some side skirts & a rear lip & I’ll be good for exterior mods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i don't know why, but i think it's kinda cool you're out there in the rain taking pictures of your car.

can you slide around a bit in a fun way with the rear camber like that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't know why, but i think it's kinda cool you're out there in the rain taking pictures of your car.

can you slide around a bit in a fun way with the rear camber like that?

I got caught in the rain afterwards trying to gather up all my tools that were all over the grass. I was already pretty much soaking wet, so I figured what the hell & stood in the rain taking pics. Lol.

Haven’t tried sliding her around. I probably won’t either. Haha. Probably gonna cut a couple dead coils in the front & back to drop the car a little more to my liking until I get coil overs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just a quick shot of the interior pieces. Still need to paint the vent trim, double din trim & HVAC trim to match. Wrapping the silver accents on the dash with purple sparkle vinyl wrap.

And waiting to get this installed. However, don’t know if this will pass recon laws where I am, so I gotta wait til I find out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used my lunch break to put on my MazdaFitment windshield banner. Ducktail comes in today so we see if I have time to get it test fitted. Still debating on leaving it flat black or doing a gloss black.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Test fit the universal ducktail spoiler from SpoilerKing. A little heat & take to keep the curvature & she’ll be set. Measurement cane out good. End curve of the add on almost matches perfectly with the curve of the wing. Gonna end up going gloss with it so it doesn’t stand out as much.

Atleast it adds a little something to the boring Sky spoiler.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So if you brake they also strobe 3 times?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So if you brake they also strobe 3 times?

Naw. I just switched the stalks around. Pretty much took the lights out, harness & all, & just put the turn signal socket where the brakes are supposed to be & put the brake lights where the signals went. No re-wiring or anything needed. Maybe just cut a few zip ties to get the added length for the the lights to reach where they needed to go. My third brake light already strobes 5 times fast then 5 times slow before being a steady light so I didn’t find the need to have the lower brake lights strobe as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found some time to re-wire my drivers side reverse light to fog. Probably gonna look for a brighter 7443 wedge bulb.

Decent for now. Need to tint the tails all red now.

Don’t mind the dullness of the housing. Had to remove the old smoke VHT in a rush & used brake cleaner to remove it. Left my housings hazy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Got the universal “duckbill” add-on stuck on. Biggest pain in the A$$ I’ve had to paint. Not happy with it, but I’ll eventually take it off & redo it sometime in the future. I have little to no patience, so there were some smudges & paint shifting on the piece. Not perfect, but don’t really care atm. Kinda rushed getting it on trying to be careful not to shift anymore paint & ended up not getting it completely centered. It’s probably about 1/2 to 3/4” to far on the passenger side, but not entirely noticeable. Anyway, enjoy...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got the tails tinted today. Passenger side reverse light masked off & covered with clear chameleon vinyl. Everything else sprayed with 4 coats of VHT red & 2 coats Rustoleum 2x Gloss Clear.

{EDIT} Here’s a couple quick night shots of the rear lit up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the 37” Bentley style led third brake light hooked up tonight. Trimmed some of the edges so if would sit somewhat straight against the window. Took out the stock third brake light & trim & replaced it with the flat Mazdaspeed hatch trim. Still runs the same as the stock light hooked up to the strobe module. Blinks 5 times fast, then 5 times slow then steady on. HELLA BRIGHT DOE. Love it. Can’t say the people behind me will.

Also got my high beams running as DRLs now via a cheap eBay drl module. Hard wired to battery. Turns on when car is started. 5 second delay before turning off after engine is cut. Works pretty well for the last week I’ve had it in. Was skeptical about it considering my amp & sub draw the voltage to below 12 when I’m subbing out, but no issues of it turning off & on or flickering sitting in traffic.

His & hers Mazda3s

Guinea pigged my wife’s car with LED headlights the last month or so. Ended up buying a pair today for MiCA. Love the instant on & it’s almost as bright as my 6k HIDs surprisingly.

·
Too Many Projects!
367 Posts
That tire stretch makes me nervous. You're a brave man, I don't think I could run that without fear of it randomly de-beading or blowing apart and taking a few body panels with it. The car does look great however, and I love those wheels. I'd like a set for my 3 with a little less aggressive fitment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That tire stretch makes me nervous. You're a brave man, I don't think I could run that without fear of it randomly de-beading or blowing apart and taking a few body panels with it. The car does look great however, and I love those wheels. I'd like a set for my 3 with a little less aggressive fitment.

I was nervous too running them at first. Trust me. I drove so conservatively when they were first on my 6. I’m not too sure when or why I did, but I just started driving more aggressively & got more confidence in the tire. It actually holds pretty well. Haven’t had it de-bead on me since being on 2 cars with my driving habits & horrendous roads here on Hawaii.

Alas, I’m in need of new tires as the steel belts are showing on the inner edge of the front tires which were the rears on my 6 with -4 degrees camber. Stepping up a tire size as 35 series is just too rough on these roads. Ordering a set of the same tires Im currently running in 225/40 in the coming weeks. Stretch won’t be as a aggressive since it’ll be a slightly taller tire. Still debating buying fender flares & doing a 235 or 245 if it’ll fit.

Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Installed some DIY side splitters since I hate the look of the base models with no side skirts. Don’t know if I’ll end up keeping them on. Been searching for a Genpu that’s parting out so I can snag the side skirts for the longest. Oh well, the search will continue.

Anyway, here’s a quick close up shot of what it looks like.

Don’t mind the messed up front lip. Paints been coming off every time it bends & scrapes on the road. Gonna PD it to match the side splitters.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got in some fake low. Contemplated going lower on coilovers, but daily driving the car at the height I want is unrealistic here.

Already scrape the front lip bad pulling in & outta work to the point where you can look at the front of my car & see which way I angle in & out of the parking lot.

Just gonna save up & go with bags considering I pick up my 2 daughters after work as well from school.

In the meantime, got my universal flares in to make the car look lower than it is. There’s a bit of a forward rake, so I’m gonna chop a dead coil or 2 off on the rear springs & hopefully even things out a bit.

Probably will end up getting another pair of 15mm spacers to push the front out a tad. Maybe step up the rear to a 20mm spacer to flush the lip with the fender flare until I settle on a set of 18x10.5 rims.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts