2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks

I know y'all have seen me around, been in touch with a local dealer. Yesterday I first asked them about the 2015 and if they had any info. They were surprised that I was even talking about the manual option with the 2015 2.5L. They had no info and we're unaware at this time for any information regarding anything about the 2015 models.

So they got in touch with me today and told me they were indeed available, no surprise to me, but they still had no idea what options or what is standard with the sTouring.

So I reserved a car, hatchback, soul red, and showed them what options I wanted.

They told me it arrives in October....shoot lol:sad:

I test drove the 2014 sedan with every option and I did not like messing with the auto, driving 5 miles a day, just doesn't make sense to own one.....I'll never put it to full use. Hey, I gave it a try lol. It was fun but was much smaller, interior wise, than my 96, and overall much different, something to get used too

Quite a few mention of the harsher ride, this car rides better than my stiff suspension and my cars road noise is much louder. I cannot wait to get this and add some after market goodies! I'll miss my super charger, I hope everything works out!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Have fun waiting.

I was suppose to receive some HID bulbs yesterday but somehow it got delayed and said I would get it Friday. It felt like the end of the world having to wait 2 more days for it. Good luck waiting 2 months :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have fun waiting.

I was suppose to receive some HID bulbs yesterday but somehow it got delayed and said I would get it Friday. It felt like the end of the world having to wait 2 more days for it. Good luck waiting 2 months :D
:ninja 1:

I've already waited this long, will be more worth the wait if I find out they kept all the options the same(the bi-xenons/led drl's) as the 2014 and added on the moonroof

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
:ninja 1:

I've already waited this long, will be more worth the wait if I find out they kept all the options the same(the bi-xenons/led drl's) as the 2014 and added on the moonroof
I still think the 2.5 models will get bixenon/led treatment like the 2014's, it just doesn't make any sense for them to go backwards like that lol I think some dealers are still very unclear what the changes are on the new model. I guess we'll find out for sure once you or someone gets their 2015 sTouring :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still think the 2.5 models will get bixenon/led treatment like the 2014's, it just doesn't make any sense for them to go backwards like that lol I think some dealers are still very unclear what the changes are on the new model. I guess we'll find out for sure once you or someone gets their 2015 sTouring :D
I will have to agree with you, why take away from last years model?? and have it cost the same or more.... move forward, not backwards haha

I am pretty excited :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gave Mazda an interest-free loan, eh? ;)
Not yet:tongue:

They have not yet taken money off the card, usually it posts right away when there is a transaction.

And thanks MINSANITY

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reserved mine today!

My dealer has a '15 sGT hatch 6-speed manual in meteor gray on order that's scheduled to be built in Japan on September 16th. I snagged it. It won't be at the dealer until well into October but at least I get exactly what I want. Their first gray manual sGT was spoken for already (evidently quite a few people are coming in and actively asking about the 6-speed 2.5L cars) and will get there in early September. They also have a soul red and a black one coming before mine but I wasn't interested in either color.

And no deposit was necessary. I've bought three Mazdas from them already (same sales guy all three times) over the last 15 years so they know I'm a buyer.

Done. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reserved mine today!

My dealer has a '15 sGT hatch 6-speed manual in meteor gray on order that's scheduled to be built in Japan on September 16th. I snagged it. It won't be at the dealer until well into October but at least I get exactly what I want. Their first gray manual sGT was spoken for already (evidently quite a few people are coming in and actively asking about the 6-speed 2.5L cars) and will get there in early September. They also have a soul red and a black one coming before mine but I wasn't interested in either color.

And no deposit was necessary. I've bought three Mazdas from them already (same sales guy all three times) over the last 15 years so they know I'm a buyer.

Done. :)
Lucky, I figured they would offer me the option to order one and you think they would as it would not sit on the lot. They made it sound that once they get on on the lot it will be reserved for me. I told them the options I wanted and that was it. Certainly was lacking, I was a little dissappointed. They have not charged me for the deposit yet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lucky, I figured they would offer me the option to order one and you think they would as it would not sit on the lot. They made it sound that once they get on on the lot it will be reserved for me. I told them the options I wanted and that was it. Certainly was lacking, I was a little dissappointed. They have not charged me for the deposit yet.
Yeah that's actually about right though. In my situation, I didn't technically have to ask them to "order" the car (though they can and they would have). When I asked if I could have the sGT stick hatch in gray they checked to see if they had already placed such an order. And they had for two of them. Someone beat me to the first one. So I got the second one. The first one was built and is apparently already in the country so the lucky buyer should be getting it soon. Mine will be built in September. So all I did was basically take something they were already getting and have my name attached to it. It was probably the same for you. They probably looked, they saw they have one ordered to suit you already, and then they just put your name on it. And yup... no deposit. A gentleman's handshake still gets things done in some places I guess. :)

I did check to see if they could divert one from the port to their dealership but they mumbled about these things being 'popular' (there is quite a backlog of people who were holding out for the 2.5 stick) and most dealers won't be willing to switch allocation at the port for something different. And I rejected a dealer trade because I don't want some lot attendant driving it 100 miles and doing whatever he pleases with it or something like a front license plate holder drilled into it if it's from a neighboring state. So in the end they recommended I just stick with the one they have in queue. I'm not in a rush (hell, I waited a year for this! :tongue: ) so I'm fine with that.

All in all they were pretty accommodating and they know me so they know how particular I am. They let me see the order screen with all of the stuff they have coming in, etc. So I saw the sequence, the build date, a few other particulars, etc. The only thing they can't guarantee is an exact delivery date because... boat... port... truck... there are other dependencies and the logistics get a little sketchy apparently.

The nice thing about getting the model this way is I get to have the four accessories I want installed at the port and they'll be on the window sticker.

Once I have it I look forward to complaining about the infotainment system, nitpicking every squeak and rattle, arguing over manual versus automatic with people who think they're emulating F1 drivers, wondering if the 2016 models will be oh so much better than our 2015 model and should I have waited, and whining about the fact that even though it's a ridiculously well equipped and brilliantly engineered car for the money it's missing one little thing and it ruins the whole experience. :cheesy:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that's actually about right though. In my situation, I didn't technically have to ask them to "order" the car (though they can and they would have). When I asked if I could have the sGT stick hatch in gray they checked to see if they had already placed such an order. And they had for two of them. Someone beat me to the first one. So I got the second one. The first one was built and is apparently already in the country so the lucky buyer should be getting it soon. Mine will be built in September. So all I did was basically take something they were already getting and have my name attached to it. It was probably the same for you. They probably looked, they saw they have one ordered to suit you already, and then they just put your name on it. And yup... no deposit. A gentleman's handshake still gets things done in some places I guess. :)

I did check to see if they could divert one from the port to their dealership but they mumbled about these things being 'popular' (there is quite a backlog of people who were holding out for the 2.5 stick) and most dealers won't be willing to switch allocation at the port for something different. And I rejected a dealer trade because I don't want some lot attendant driving it 100 miles and doing whatever he pleases with it or something like a front license plate holder drilled into it if it's from a neighboring state. So in the end they recommended I just stick with the one they have in queue. I'm not in a rush (hell, I waited a year for this! :tongue: ) so I'm fine with that.

All in all they were pretty accommodating and they know me so they know how particular I am. They let me see the order screen with all of the stuff they have coming in, etc. So I saw the sequence, the build date, a few other particulars, etc. The only thing they can't guarantee is an exact delivery date because... boat... port... truck... there are other dependencies and the logistics get a little sketchy apparently.

The nice thing about getting the model this way is I get to have the four accessories I want installed at the port and they'll be on the window sticker.

Once I have it I look forward to complaining about the infotainment system, nitpicking every squeak and rattle, arguing over manual versus automatic with people who think they're emulating F1 drivers, wondering if the 2016 models will be oh so much better than our 2015 model and should I have waited, and whining about the fact that even though it's a ridiculously well equipped and brilliantly engineered car for the money it's missing one little thing and it ruins the whole experience. :cheesy:
Sounds pretty similar, I've never ever looked into buying a new car, this is all new for me (I'm 26) and I have owned only 3 cars since 18(see signature)

my coworkers told me I've been talking about it since January and gave me crap, they are like, you actually going to get it or say you are and talk about it the next 6 months lol, told them they haven't released it yet. One weird thing I find with most people today, maybe it's just me but I do also notice nitpicking, I am particular but pretty easy to deal with. I test drove the sgt sedan with all the goodies and I had no complaints and is a major upgrade to my 96 gti.

If I heard a squeak I would not feel like wasting anyone's time and just throw some 3m foam tape to quiet the noise. But who knows maybe being under warranty I'd bring it in.....guess we will see.

Thanks pumodi for all that :thumbup 1:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts