2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aodhan Ah02 18x8.5 +35 and 18x9.5 +30
Nankang ns-25 215/40r18 for the fronts and 225/40r18 for the rears. Going to test fit the rims in the morning and take em to get mounted and balanced. The cars already on Raceland Ultimos with the rear perches removed for extra low.

Couple of before pics for you guys

I’ve got a fender roller on the way. Probably won’t be able to get any rolling shots with them on until I get the fenders rolled and pulled but I’ll be updating the post with pics along the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just tested fit the wheels. Fronts will be easy, the backs are gonna need a decent pull along with roll.
We couldn’t get the back as low as it really sits on the ground so it’ll have more camber than that

·
Registered
185 Posts
Those are going to completely transform the look of your car! I'm thinking that you might have to roll and/or pull the fenders, so please follow up with photos and specifications once you get the tires mounted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on it! And I agree! Can’t wait to see them on, I’m going to get the tires mounted and balanced right now, tomorrow morning they’ll get mounted and see what kinda work the fenders are gonna need. I’ve got the heat gun and IR temp gauge on deck for the fender work, just waiting on the fender roller to come in the mail. I’ve done this before on another car but last time I used a baseball bat. It worked surprisingly well and the fenders came out great but since this set up is more aggressive I opted for the actual tool. More pics to come!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rims and tires are on, started rolling and pulling the rear fender, going good decent lines no paint cracking. I think I’ll go a bit lower by taking out the rest of the rear sleeves and probably be adding rear camber kits.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lookin' good so far. What are the specifications on the wheels and tires?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They’re all up on the og post. 18x8.5 +35 up front 18x9.5 +30 in the rear. 215/40 and 225/40 respectively. If I had to do it again I’d go 205 up front and 215 in the back. But I will definitely be able to get these to tuck and look great with less tire stretch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So a standard roll and pull of all 4 fenders didn’t do the trick. Right we’re the bumpers mount up to the wheel well can’t be widened enough. So what I did was go right to the body line of the inner fender and cut a relief behind the panel. This allowed me to manipulate where the bumper actually screws on and essentially widen the bumper along with the fenders. I got the fronts completely clearing at full lock with the coilovers completely lowered. The backs need some more width still. I’ve got a rear camber kit coming in the mail, it’ll be here Wednesday. But for now I’m gonna try doing a similar method with the back wheel wells that I did to the front. More pics to follow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Back on the road. Still rubs in the back a bit over bumps or with someone in the back seat but the rear camber kit gets here Wednesday and will fix that and perfect the fitment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice set of wheels you got there. Got any updates regarding your car? I bought replacement wheels for my stock this week. I'll probably be able to install it this Saturday. I'm going to try it with my stock tires for testing; if I'm happy with the result I'm going to get the Toyo tires that I wanted for months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts