2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, just like the title says, I bought the car in February and the damn passenger side headlight is all foggy and has water/condensation in it. I am so pissed, I have had suspension go bad, a tensioner pulley and now a headlight. WTF.

Anyone else with a 2nd gen had this problem?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I here ya, I have had a few issues with my 2010 MS3 also and it only has 3700 miles on it.

First issue was a engine knock on start up, worse after engine has been warmed up and then restarted. Dealer says it is normal and the noise is coming from the Variable Timing Actuator. Still have this annoying noise.

Second issue was a popping noise from the rear suspension, Took it in Saturday and they found the rear sway bar loose, No more popping noise.

Gotta love having a warranty. Take the Car back to the Dealer, the headlight should be covered for the first year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am bringing it in on Friday but man, I am so tired of going to the dealer, ya know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i got my speed in June and i had to bring it back to the dealer 3 times already...one for the wet headlight. it still collects condensation and fog! :argh 1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my speed for 6 months got it new now has 9 k and water in the right front headlights. It has the factory hids. Took it to the dealer they told me to fly a kite and it was normal. Iam not talking just a little condensation. Guess I will try a new dealer

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
hey I have had some issues too, one was my 2nd gear always grinded ( dealer fixed with new trans ) AFTER arguing that it WASNT the clutch.. for a 1000 times.. since they don't warrant clutches... and now it seems my drivers side door is rattling with the music on and anything above +1 base.. it is getting annoying too.

I really thought these cars were quality lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had the same problem with the headlight, passenger too...had to do with the seals..the service guy told me it was normal and showed me some BS paper that shows what they replace and what they don't....then i just said ok well "can u wash it after the oil change"? they did and that really brought out the condensation so i showed the car wash guy, and he called the service manager, the service manager hesitated at first then took some pictures so he could "get permission" to fix...took a week or two but it finally got replaced, then a week later they asked me to bring it back to put on some better seals...all in all you gotta bitch about it until they fix

because that is definitely not normal...good luck!

·
FL4WLESS
12 Posts
Same problem happened to my MS3, condensation in my headlights. I brought it to the dealer and he verified to make sure I didn't change my headlights and said he would Change them no problem. That was last in 2010 around August.

The new ones are still good, so I guess when they were installed at the factory, somebody fucked up. Dealer did it and so far so good.

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
I just had my headlight and the electronics for it replaced. Last December I crunched the front end of my car and they had to replace the RH headlight housing. About a month ago, I noticed condensation in it. About a week ago, it was really wet inside. Last Friday, I called the body shop that replaced it and they old me to come in ths week to get it looked at. Over the weekend I washed the car and more water got in it. Tuesday, it poured rain on the car and even more water in it while at work... It looked like I had rinsed the car off and not dried it, but it was all on the inside of the light...rally heavy condensation. Jumped in to go home from work and as I left I only had a headlight and fogs turn on an the AFS light was flashing now.

Yesterday, my wife went by the shop for them to look at, and they gave her a rental (shitty old mercury sable) because they were going to fix it right away. We got it back with a new headlight, bulb and wherever else fried. The light was a factory replacement, not aftermarket. They said Mazda covered it under warranty for them. This body shop as always been top knotch with work and making us happy customers (not like we crash a lot of cars or anything though).

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
when I opened mine up for the retrofit, i'm sure it would have gotten moisture in it. I seen a small gap in the sealant when I opened them up on the driverside.
Since I've done the retrofit and resealed them, better than new, I haven't had one issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts