2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm in a manual, UK spec 3.
Pull up at the lights and stop, keep foot on clutch (so not to engage the iStop) and the brake, after a few seconds the revs drop to about 500-600. Take foot of the brake and the revs rise to just over 1000. This looks to me like a anti stall measure. Quite clever I thought.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Keeping the clutch depressed will wear the clutch release bearing - it's best to disable iStop using the button provided.

·
Registered
346 Posts
So, I'm in a manual, UK spec 3.
Pull up at the lights and stop, keep foot on clutch (so not to engage the iStop) and the brake, after a few seconds the revs drop to about 500-600. Take foot of the brake and the revs rise to just over 1000. This looks to me like a anti stall measure. Quite clever I thought.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Yeah anti stall awesome as well if you just release the clutch slowly it'll pull away and run smoothly... computer keeping the car running. You can even pull away on a steep hill... exit from parking garage for example without touching the gas. Car keeps its self happy and running smooth just release clutch slowly/smooth and all good... I posted a while back modern standard crawling at 1/2 km/hr I'll find and post

·
Registered
346 Posts
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...anual-owners-2nd-gear-impossible-stall-4.html I think what is being described is the work being done by the computer controlled systems keeping the car running smoothly / not stalling

I posted in the manual vs auto thread
This is not your fathers manual...
I've got a 2014 Mazda 3 GS 2.0L with a 6 speed manual and a few things really stand out from every other older manual I've driven or own... particular in rush hour traffic, hills or rookie with a manual

I always read/hear about people talking how the manual is such a pain in traffic, hills, novice drive ect... a few things to note for anyone who hasn't driven a 2014 Mazda 3 manual

- In first gear you can smoothly drive at 2/3ish km/h (1/2mph'ish) without touching the clutch or gas... yes if you come to a dead stop you'll need to push in the clutch but when you're in traffic at a crawl you are pressing the brake only
- Stopped in slow traffic to pull away release the brake then release clutch no gas required and go back to braking to crawl at slow speed
- on a hill - when you release the brake the car holds itself on brakes without roll back which is well known but you can pull away by releasing clutch slowly with no gas... great for a rookie / new to manual

It's really incredible how easy it is to drive a modern manual car... wish more people knew that and bought them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts