2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got a 2013 3 with about 40K on it. The car is in great shape and I really like it. I wanted to know what maintenance I should do it it soon except for oil. Maybe like the water pump and timing belt or the clutch. Speaking of the clutch, one thing about the car that bothers me is the clutch will squeak when pushing it in and out. It shifts perfectly fine and drives with no issues but regardless if the car is running hot or cold or completely not running at all it makes the same squeak sound. Is this a problem with the car or do I just need to lube it? If it's just an annoying sound and won't give me any actual problems I'm okay with it. Any tips for the car is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Working Class Hero
3,707 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Probably just the pivot down by the firewall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm going to try greasing it this week and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please let me know. If that's not the solution do you think it's a problem that will become a problem or just an annoying sound? If it is do you think it's an entire transmission or just a cheaper part?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's hard for me to believe that a squeak warrants a new transmission or clutch, especially at only 40k (or in my case 65k). Call me optimistic. I am going to keep driving it and look out for other symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Lemme know how it goes man. Thanks for all he tips. You wouldn't happen to know if I should do the air filter or when the water pump needs replacing do you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would pick up a manual or service schedule to find out everything. But for now - water pump only if it is leaking/failing (only reason it gets changed with the timing belt on other cars is because you have to remove it anyway), air filter - check it every once in awhile and swap it out if it's dirty. Depends on driving conditions, probably every 20k or so. Spark plugs at either 60k or 75k depending on driving conditions. Is yours a skyactiv?

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK then you'll want to use synthetic 0W-20 oil, change every 5k. Everyone might tell you something different but this is pretty standard in my opinion. Skyactiv is just Mazda's engine technology that provides better mpg. I mean, it's more than that but that's the basics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, I was able to fix the squeak - check out that other thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts