2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the air bag light to always be on with nobody in the passenger seat? I also have a 2008 and the light would always be off unless there was roughly 15lbs or more in the passenger seat (couple bags of groceries). As if it sensed a small child.

Has anybody added a light to the glove box?

Can knob controls be switched out easily? See a lot of options on eBay for the 2nd gen, do they fit 3rd gens?

Does adding LED's to the interior lights and tail lights make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Can only answer your air bag question. I have a 14 and the light does not stay on. Take it to a dealer and have it checked out. You do not want to have an accident and the air bag does not deploy. If some one died because the air bag did not deploy and you knew there was a problem with the bag you could be held liable.

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
The light works the opposite of the 2008. It indicates the airbag is off. The seat has a sensor that turns it on. I think the threshold is about 35 lbs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The light works the opposite of the 2008. It indicates the airbag is off. The seat has a sensor that turns it on. I think the threshold is about 35 lbs.
So you're saying the light being on all the time is normal? Until someone over 35lbs is in the seat.

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
IIRC 2nd Gen lights will work in 3rd Gen with modifications to the knobs themselves. They're a certain tab you have to break off to make them fit. There's a DIY somewhere around here about it. They look good afterwards but I'll stick with my stock knobs for now lol

I've had my iPhone 7 Plus laid in my passenger seat with nothing else in it and my passenger airbag light would go off. It's extremely sensitive from what I can tell.

I got the Corksport LED kit because A.) I'm a fanboy of Corksport and B.) I wanted an All-in-One kit to swap all my lights out with. I enjoy the LED kit, also have LEDs for my license plate lights. I like them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the replies. Got a set of knobs ordered. Would like to upgrade to LED lights - is there a list somewhere of bulb types/sizes? Like I said before I don't have the manual in my hands yet. Top priority is LED backup lights. I run tinted windows and that would make it a little easier to backup without putting down windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts