2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks for the tips guys. Looks like the racepipe is the way to go... now i just dont know about the high flow cat... im in illinois and i thought they just hook up the newer cars to a computer for testing.... so im thinking i could get away without getting the high flow cat.... amirite?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
IDK about Illinois but the second cat you'll be replacing with a straight race pipe isn't monitored so the car won't know the difference.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
thanks for the tips guys. Looks like the racepipe is the way to go... now i just dont know about the high flow cat... im in illinois and i thought they just hook up the newer cars to a computer for testing.... so im thinking i could get away without getting the high flow cat.... amirite?
Running without a High-Flow cat on the Racepipe should be fine for emissions. It won't trigger CEL codes or anything.

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
@[email protected], is the any way you can make a few videos comparing the sounds between the regular cat-back, the cat-back with race pipe and the cat-back with racepipe and high-flow cat? It would be much appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Joe90rs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Im from illinois too. Thing is im trying to get close to that "subaru sound" as much as i can. I was thinking Corksport with race pipe. Or Magnaflow. I dont want to cut the exhaust, just hoping for a "plug n play" type of deal. lol Idk what to do. Im leaning torwards Corksport since its cheaper than Magnaflow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Im from illinois too. Thing is im trying to get close to that "subaru sound" as much as i can. I was thinking Corksport with race pipe. Or Magnaflow. I dont want to cut the exhaust, just hoping for a "plug n play" type of deal. lol Idk what to do. Im leaning torwards Corksport since its cheaper than Magnaflow.
I find my corksport CBE to be close to a Subaru WRX STI that my friend has, mine will actually over power his exhaust noise level wise about 2.5k rpms.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No way. The Subaru exhaust is among the best sounding exhausts on any car.
If you re-read my post I said close to a Subaru, I didn't say it sounded exactly like it, also I did say the noise level over powers the Subaru's, not the quality.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Jesus man I didn't say you said it was better. I've heard the corksport exhausts on a NA 3. In my opinion it's not even remotely close. But I do apologize as I was stating my opinion and obviously I'm not allowed. ;)

But whatever. It's your car and your exhaust so as long as you love it. I just disagree with the statement. That all bud! :thumbup:

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Jesus man I didn't say you said it was better. I've heard the corksport exhausts on a NA 3. In my opinion it's not even remotely close. But I do apologize as I was stating my opinion and obviously I'm not allowed. ;)

But whatever. It's your car and your exhaust so as long as you love it. I just disagree with the statement. That all bud! :thumbup:
Eat a snickers man. You are getting a little aggressive over nothing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So the cs cbe with racepipe is most likely the way to go but the cbe with race pipe and hi flow cat, the hi flow cat potentially muffles some sound? Is the speed 3 exhaust and res delete as loud as cs? Or quiter but sounds better?
I'm looking for a decently loud and noticeable exhaust.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
So the cs cbe with racepipe is most likely the way to go but the cbe with race pipe and hi flow cat, the hi flow cat potentially muffles some sound? Is the speed 3 exhaust and res delete as loud as cs? Or quiter but sounds better?
I'm looking for a decently loud and noticeable exhaust.

Speed3 axleback exhaust probably isn't as loud but has a nice grumble. CS is louder but also seems to have a nice grumble. Both sound good just seems CS louder.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts