2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a 2017 mazda3 hatchback sport and I'm liking it so far.

But I just put the navigation card in and I'm missing one important thing:

I looked through all the menus and didn't see a way to display the current speed in addition to the speed limit. My old standalone GPS unit shows both the current speed and the speed limit which is nice since you just have to look in one place, and the steering wheel often blocks my view of the speedometer since I'm pretty tall. Before I bought the navigation I googled to make sure the mazda nav had this feature, but I think that was the old tom tom based version.

I did some searches on this forum and didn't find the answer, has this already been discussed? I looked at the hacks and it wasn't immediately clear that they would provide this feature. I know that the hacks can do a standalone digital speedometer, but then you won't see the speed limit and the navigation. Any pointers to info on this topic would be appreciated.

·
Registered
327 Posts
No current speed on GPS.

Fit your seat / steering so you can see the gauges properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fit your seat / steering so you can see the gauges properly.
Even if I lowered/reclined the seat to an uncomfortable point to see the entire speedometer it is really nice to have the current speed and speed limit next to each other like on other nav systems.

The speed warning alert might be sufficient if you could program it to alert you at some practical value like 7 or 10 mph over the real speed limit, but of course they're not going to allow that for "safety" reasons, i.e. they're afraid of getting sued.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts