2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealership update my software a for times when I was under warranty. At the time I did not know that they had to remove the Navigation SD card to do the update. Turns out that the last time they forgot to put it back. Navigation is not something I use so it was a long time before I realized that the card was missing.

If you are having software updated ensure that the SD card is replaced before you leave the dealer. If not you could be like me and are with out the Navigation. :frown2:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You shouldn't be without navi, it's locked to your car after like 50 miles and basically fully installed. I may be wrong (not about the lock)

·
Registered
165 Posts
You are just missing the SD Card. You can get a replacement card. Go back to the dealer that did the last update and tell them the story. They might give you a new one for free?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are just missing the SD Card. You can get a replacement card. Go back to the dealer that did the last update and tell them the story. They might give you a new one for free?
unfortunately a lot of time passed from service to when I realized so this is not an option. I don't use the navigation so I never really checked to make sure it still worked.

I haven't taken to any other service centers as I perform all maintenance myself. So unless someone broke into my car, took the card and did not disturb anything else and then locked the doors, odds are it was left out by the dealership by mistake. Again with the time that passed to when I noticed getting a replacement from the dealer is not an option.

Buying a new card for $100-200 just isn't worth it. I maybe used navigation once a year, if that. Just sucks when I go to sell the car either I have to buy a card or not mention the navigation feature.

I just want to make sure this does not happen to others who has the dealer preform software updates under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You shouldn't be without navi, it's locked to your car after like 50 miles and basically fully installed. I may be wrong (not about the lock)
you still need the SD card installed. Without the card navi does not show up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had the dealership update my software a for times when I was under warranty. At the time I did not know that they had to remove the Navigation SD card to do the update. Turns out that the last time they forgot to put it back. Navigation is not something I use so it was a long time before I realized that the card was missing.

If you are having software updated ensure that the SD card is replaced before you leave the dealer. If not you could be like me and are with out the Navigation. :frown2:
I use my nav system all the time and that is why I make two copies after each nav update...but I guess you have given a reason to others to make copies even if they don't use it. I never started counting all the possible scenarios why the one in the system would go missing, but it just seemed all too possible for it to happen. I keep the original at home for safe keeping and keep the 2nd copy in the car as well should the one in the system go missing while I'm on a road trip.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you actually go talk to the service department, or dealership manager, about your missing SD NAV card. You never know what will happen, until you do. They might have had a mech there doing that on purpose and they already know about, but don't know which customers it affected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts