2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how y'all doing? I'm Jer, certainly am not a stranger to forums, but this is the first Mazda Ive ever owned. Ive been heavy into the Nissan scene for the last 12 years or so, and when it was time to buy a new car, was really digging the Mazda, and got a great deal on it, what the hell, Ill give it a try. I really really love the car, and is growing on me at an alarming rate. Had a hard time at first, I went from driving an Infiniti M45 daily, to a pretty basic Mazda 3 i sport. Wasn't trying to get a cooler or 'better' car necessarily, but the gas mileage, warranty, price, new car appeal, was something I care more about these days. Not going to post pictures of it yet, y'all know what a 2013 sky-active 3 looks like. ha-ha. Plan to do mods, so far have only gotten tint done, have only had the car a few weeks.

A little about myself:

Im from Utah, used to be a moderator and was a founding member at Utahnissans.com long time member at sr20forum.com, have had Some pretty fun Nissans, Nx2000, a couple 240sx's, 3 or 4 infiniti G20's, a G35, an M45, but my baby was the 99 G20, boosted it, made it pretty, and it handled amazing (not as amazing as this stock 3 though! Crazy!)

Anyways looking forward to being a member on here, have already gotten a lot of useful information, and am still searching. Going to mod the crap out of this 3, I can tell its going to be a fun car, wife is already mad at me.:001_tt2 1:

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Hello! Sadly with the sky engine there isnt much to be modded with... Unless you plan on building the engine. Other than that plenty of cosmetic mods to be done on these cars. Looking at build threads helps a lot with ideas

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Post a pic of your car still. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Welcome, personally I recommend starting with suspension upgrades, really helps these cars handle like a dream!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum! Post a pic of your car still. If you have any questions feel free to ask us here on your thread.
Ok fine. Ill post it.:blush 1:

Thanks for the welcome so far. I wasnt really sure how much I wanted to do to the motor, still have a lot of searching to do. The car is so easy to drive. I kick myself now for not shelling out the little extra and getting a hatchback, the dealership I went to had a limited number and the ones they did have were touring models or had ugly brown interior. Didnt really want or could afford either of those. Suspension and wheels are definitely first order of business in the spring, I like a lot of the stock Mazda wheels that are out there, and have always been a fan of nice stock wheels on a car as opposed to aftermarket, problem with that is fitment, cant always find a good aggressive fitting stock wheel.

And then I went and snapped a quick one of the tint:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts