2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love them, love the look much more than the stocks...totally blend now with the hatch area parts. I traded the amber turn signal bulbs out though for the clears that were in my old ones....so the frosted turn signal areas now match the front clear turns i have. I also finally took pics of what i did to my 3rd brake light up in the spoiler. I'll take some daytime pics tomorrow for a better and more clear view.

fresh out of the package. btw, CORKSPORT SERVICE IS AWESOME!!!

SUPER easy to install. pricy? ...yea. worth it? ...HELL YEAH!!!(still way cheaper than us spec stocks)

last two:

stock lit up

JSpec/jdm LED cluster lit up
Here are pics of my 3rd brake light mod.

Reactions: CorkSport - Derrick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice!

Where did you get the VG sharkfin? Was the evil 'M' and the third stop light hard to do? Did you cut the back emblem? I love the way your MS3 looks from the back. I got a 2010 MS3 silver too but in jersey.

G

·
nice!

i'm going to get a set within a month. thinking of tinting them slightly smoked or red altogether...

btw was it PNP?? any issues? and did you get the entire taillights (with the hatch part)?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like!

Especially the 3rd brake light masking...very subtle and tasteful.
Thanks...all about subtle. waiting for spring to tint my windows. Hopefully i'll get to do springs and the SRI next. Are you happy with your corksport SRI?
nice!

i'm going to get a set within a month. thinking of tinting them slightly smoked or red altogether..

btw was it PNP?? any issues? and did you get the entire taillights (with the hatch part)?
IMO.... if you are going to lamix/tint them red, i wouldnt spend the money, you could just do that to the stockies....if just smoking them, then yea, i think that'd look cool, you still sorta see the detail. They were just over $400 with shipping. Personally i want them the way they look so i can see the LED cluster detail & frosted blinker area
yep, plugNplay install 3 bolts hold on each light unit, need deep socket to make getting them loose easier
no, its just the outer lights, not the hatch parts

Where did you get the VG sharkfin? Was the evil 'M' and the third stop light hard to do? Did you cut the back emblem? I love the way your MS3 looks from the back. I got a 2010 MS3 silver too but in jersey.
Sharkfin was purchased on ebay from Virtual Garage. They still only have one available for standard stereo. If you have xm/siruis, that antenna base is larger...and Virtual garage (unless in the last month or so) has changed, they still didnt have the larger model sharkfin out yet. Yes, the evil M was created from the original hatch badge.....cut it with a jeweler's saw, scuffed up and painted it. I didnt find it difficult, but depends on how comfortable you are personally with DIY Projects. Lastly, to do the 3rd brakelight, you have to remove disassemble the entire spoiler assembly to get the 3rd brake light out. to do it, i used a "mazdaspeed vinyl sticker i had as the template - it acted as a mask-and i just spray painted it along with the entire undersurface of the rear spoiler assembly the same graphite color i'ved used on the rest of the car. What i have found is the LED lights in it are soooo bright, it should be hit with at least 4 coats of paint. If you walk up and look at mine when its on, you can see faint red through some of the graphite

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Are you happy with your corksport SRI?
Very happy with it...there's a noticeable difference in the way the car generates boost now. Throttle response has improved and the extra HP is easily measured with the butt dyno.

The SRI and Turbo Inlet are a must as far as I'm concerned. Best $235 I've spent in a while.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very happy with it...there's a noticeable difference in the way the car generates boost now. Throttle response has improved and the extra HP is easily measured with the butt dyno.

The SRI and Turbo Inlet are a must as far as I'm concerned. Best $235 I've spent in a while.

Nothing better to gauge HP than the good ole butt dyno! you've convinced me to make it next on the purchase list. but what color......i just can decide on red or black

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nothing better to gauge HP than the good ole butt dyno! you've convinced me to make it next on the purchase list. but what color......i just can decide on red or black
Red under your hood (with the red intercooler cover) would look sooooo awesome :yes:! I picked up the black on black to keep things "low-key".

...as close to looking stock as you can get with a SRI I suppose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Red under your hood (with the red intercooler cover) would look sooooo awesome :yes:! I picked up the black on black to keep things "low-key".

...as close to looking stock as you can get with a SRI I suppose.
yea, that's the only reason i wanna do red is cuz of the intercooler cover. i actually painted my battery cover and the fuse box cover the graphite . i like that you can mix and match. i could do black silicone and red filter or flipflopped. I just dont want red overkill in there.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Well, try to imagine this under your hood but from the same angle that I took the photo above:

I don't think it'd be overkill at all...especially since you've still got the dark colored hoses, battery cover and fuse box.

Honestly though, which ever color you choose will look good under there...and when you feel the performance gain you get form the SRI the looks will seem very secondary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts