2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Go stock sway bars; D-cut your front bar between its bushings to reduce the stiffness so now your front/rear bar balance is the same as stock front/stiff rear. Use appropriately stiff spring rates to compensate. Drop the intake, add bracing. Same points, now faster and the techs are not going to take apart your subframe to call you out on this.
It says any bracing that is 3 attachment points or more under the car that connects lower arms, chassis to chassis, subframe to chassis, and subframe to subframe, etc... So basically almost all the GTSPec bars which will be like over $1,000 in bracing lol.

But, I can't modify sway bars so that doesn't work.

The only other thing I could do is drop the speed3 brakes and go back to stock as well as remove the intake. That will get me the points I need.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
It says any bracing that is 3 attachment points or more under the car that connects lower arms, chassis to chassis, subframe to chassis, and subframe to subframe, etc... So basically almost all the GTSPec bars which will be like over $1,000 in bracing lol.

But, I can't modify sway bars so that doesn't work.

The only other thing I could do is drop the speed3 brakes and go back to stock as well as remove the intake. That will get me the points I need.
Nobody is going to take apart your front subframe just to call you out on slotting a portion of your front sway bar that is 100% invisible otherwise. I know cheating is bad, but still, your ruleset is poorly planned out if you can't use Speed3 brakes but a Speed3 can.

Anyhow, you're a smart cookie and I don't need to tell you you can use 200% stiffer rear springs and simply not care about sway bar tuning, aka stock is fine.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Nobody is going to take apart your front subframe just to call you out on slotting a portion of your front sway bar that is 100% invisible otherwise. I know cheating is bad, but still, your ruleset is poorly planned out if you can't use Speed3 brakes but a Speed3 can.

Anyhow, you're a smart cookie and I don't need to tell you you can use 200% stiffer rear springs and simply not care about sway bar tuning, aka stock is fine.
Not my ruleset it's good ol' NASA racing's ruleset. I'll just jump to 20k springs like @XCNuse

141 - 144 of 144 Posts