2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Crystal White Pearl Mazda 3 Sport. Located in Portland, Oregon!

Find me on Instagram: @ iamjoelblack

Before:

After:

Mod List (on car):

Red Tinted Tailights by TCT Wraps
JBR 80 Duro RMM
JBR RSB
CS SRI w/ Air Box
CS Exhaust w/ Racepipe
CS Skidplate
Rola Roof Rack
Window Visors
Foglight Rewire
Plasti-dipped Rear Valence
Rear Wiper Delete
TRS 5000k HIDs
MSDS Header
Airlift Performance front struts
Universal rear bags
All Day Fab rear LCAs
DOM ENG rear camber arms
4 gal Air tank
Dual 400 cc Viair compressors
Autopilot v2
1/4inch airlines

To be Installed:

06-07 STI V Limited Front Lip
GV Wing from TheSpeedline

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to get the stock exhaust out. But I ran out of daylight! Corksport's exhaust in tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for videos of open header from stock and then finished results with exhaust installed. Ill probably save the MSDS header for another day.

Sent from: Rose City, Oregon.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed about a week ago. Thanks to @crw.npt . It is definetly NOT as loud as I expected. IMO very tolerable throughout any rpm. Still sounds good. I have yet to hear it outside under wot. Here is the YouTube link:

Mazda 3 Corksport exhaust and racepipe - YouTube

Still braving up to do the MSDS Header soon and probably looking to get that tune everyone's been talking about :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Man I love the way the red tint looks on the tails ! I always wanted to do it but am afraid it would look tacky in person. Have any pictures of tails on at night ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good man...any closer pics of that front lip?
Man I love the way the red tint looks on the tails ! I always wanted to do it but am afraid it would look tacky in person. Have any pictures of tails on at night ?
Thanks guys. Ill try and attach some pictures tonight when I get home.

@buttqueef I might have one or two pictures. But I litterally formed and cut it to fit and then I ripped it off while "spirited driving" the next day lol

@EWitsSEAN I have a thread somewhere of how they were done. They are tinted with a viynl. They look great and only have small blemishes up close. I wanted them vinyled rather than the vht so I could have it removed if ever needed. Ill have to snap a photo of them when it gets dark. The only thing I would worry about is that your reverse light is red and caution to other drivers. Ill try and link the thread later too. My taillights are probably one of my favorite mods.

Sent from: Rose City, Oregon.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I dropped my phone in a sewer drain and lost every picture/video. I haven't been as active as I'd like to be but i received a GoPro, so now I can take some better pictures. Also picked up these...
Mitsu Evo 10 OEM Recaro Seats

Update on the Corksport exhaust and racepipe for those who are looking to purchase and are unsure of (I know I was.): Sounds great on cold starts. I wish it stayed that loud. Has a nice rumble. Loud from 2k rpm and above. I've had it for a couple of months now and it has quieted down. I noticed a decreased in low end torque from the 2k rpm range and below. There is no drone on the highway driving at speeds 60 to 90mph. (None that bothered me.) Great exhaust. I have yet to hear from outside the car under wot. The only downside is that the tips sit crooked in the exhaust exit/holes of the car and are not symmetrical.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ImageUploadedByAG Free1421222726.438260.jpg

Hopefully the picture comes out okay, I'm uploading from my iPhone. Ordered a 4gal tank and 2 viair compressors with hardware. It'll be the start of my bagbuild. I have yet to install my header and buy brackets for the seats. Looking into doing a single exit exhaust with bumper swap but keeping the corksport piping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I can't imagine how exciting that is seeing that infront of you... I'm pretty sure I'm losing sleep just thinking about lowering my car and all my plans hahaha

Haha it's basically all that I think about too. I had coilovers for about a month and then decided to take them off for this. What are some of your plans for lowering? Are you looking into Airride?

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Haha it's basically all that I think about too. I had coilovers for about a month and then decided to take them off for this. What are some of your plans for lowering? Are you looking into Airride?

I'd never be able to do bags where I live, my car's my daily and the winter is vicious (Canada...) so I'm sure it would destroy the bags... So I'm going the coilover route with BC coilovers, I'm decided on BC's unless some insane deal on good coilovers comes my way but I doubt that... For the summer I want to tuck some tire and then raise it back up for the winter, need to powdercoat my wheels candy teal so there's alot going on hahaha that's what it seems like to me atleast...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd never be able to do bags where I live, my car's my daily and the winter is vicious (Canada...) so I'm sure it would destroy the bags... So I'm going the coilover route with BC coilovers, I'm decided on BC's unless some insane deal on good coilovers comes my way but I doubt that... For the summer I want to tuck some tire and then raise it back up for the winter, need to powdercoat my wheels candy teal so there's alot going on hahaha that's what it seems like to me atleast...

You should contact airlift or whichever vendor and see how their bags hold up to weather. I daily my 3 as well. I've been stock piling all the things I've bought cuz I haven't had time or the money to install. So i definitely feel like it's a slow process. My bc's are for sale but I'm in the states, oregon. They're barely used but I've been asking not much less than a new set would be.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
You should contact airlift or whichever vendor and see how their bags hold up to weather. I daily my 3 as well. I've been stock piling all the things I've bought cuz I haven't had time or the money to install. So i definitely feel like it's a slow process. My bc's are for sale but I'm in the states, oregon. They're barely used but I've been asking not much less than a new set would

I've thought about it, but my car's outside all winter, no garage or anything so it would probably be testing the limits of how well it lasts as it's out there for 6 months of winter and I figure no point in spending money on that... Shipping would be rank to Canada which is unfortunate for everything I buy from the states so coils are definitely going to be bought from somebody in Canada! I can't even compare to having the parts and not being able to put them on... My parts are just in my head hahaha

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've thought about it, but my car's outside all winter, no garage or anything so it would probably be testing the limits of how well it lasts as it's out there for 6 months of winter and I figure no point in spending money on that... Shipping would be rank to Canada which is unfortunate for everything I buy from the states so coils are definitely going to be bought from somebody in Canada! I can't even compare to having the parts and not being able to put them on... My parts are just in my head hahaha

Oregon winters are just lots of rain haha. I think I'll so some searching and see how bags hold up in certain weathers.
And yeah I've had my coilovers for about a year and then I finally installed them during the summer and then I took them off about a month later. Lol

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Oregon winters are just lots of rain haha. I think I'll so some searching and see how bags hold up in certain weathers.
And yeah I've had my coilovers for about a year and then I finally installed them during the summer and then I took them off about a month later. Lol

Just a lot of brutal cold here -40 every winter and tons of snow, if it only rains for your winter bags are
definitely the way to go! Why wouldn't you leave them on until you got bags?? Too rough for you?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a lot of brutal cold here -40 every winter and tons of snow, if it only rains for your winter bags are
definitely the way to go! Why wouldn't you leave them on until you got bags?? Too rough for you?

I did a quick search on it and some people have been on Airride for a few years at very low temps. It's just depends on what precautions you take. Like Anti freeze in the lines.
And I took them off because I thought I was going to sell them right away. And then make the purchase on Black Friday. There was a pretty nice deal but I ended up not having enough money. I sold my wheels but that wasn't until after haha. So now I'm just saving. I've thought about putting them back on in the spring tho. I miss the lows. I loved how the bcs rode. They were rough but I liked it haha.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
I did a quick search on it and some people have been on Airride for a few years at very low temps. It's just depends on what precautions you take. Like Anti freeze in the lines.
And I took them off because I thought I was going to sell them right away. And then make the purchase on Black Friday. There was a pretty nice deal but I ended up not having enough money. I sold my wheels but that wasn't until after haha. So now I'm just saving. I've thought about putting them back on in the spring tho. I miss the lows. I loved how the bcs rode. They were rough but I liked it haha.

Fair enough then, but who knows how long I'm going to keep this car and I feel it'd be a lot easier to sell some coils compared to a bag set or a car with a bag set where I live. That and coilovers are cheaper so low sooner ;) I'd definitely put them back on... Lows is an addiction... Hahaha that sucks that are your selling and buying didn't work out... Soon enough you'll get your bags!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts