2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone post pictures of a Jet Black car with the Almond interior, please??

I'm trying to decide between sT and sGT and not sure how important the black/almond combination is to me.

Edit: Also, from the mazda builder, it appears that the pillars up to the headliner are a different color than the almond. Do these pillars match the almond color or are there two differet "off-whites"?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Can anyone post pictures of a Jet Black car with the Almond interior, please??

I'm trying to decide between sT and sGT and not sure how important the black/almond combination is to me.

Edit: Also, from the mazda builder, it appears that the pillars up to the headliner are a different color than the almond. Do these pillars match the almond color or are there two differet "off-whites"?
Well, I may be a little biased, but I love the combo. I think the white is a great contrast to the black. I don't know that I'd get a black on black. I think it's too much black. I'll try to post a couple pics tomorrow for you.

Also, to answer your question, I think the whites are a pretty close match. Considering one is leather and one is not, I don't think it's a 1:1 match. It's hard to even get leather to match leather. Just look at any leather coat rack at a clothing store.

Also, the bixenon lights and auto sensing front wipers are pretty awesome. I'm not sure that you get those on the touring, but I know they're on the s gt.

Oh and also, Google. :p
https://www.google.com/search?q=201...cOHjALPq4CICg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=511

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JerryO81! Couldn't find a good google picture that showed the difference in natural light, and the mazda website makes it look really off and really crappy IMO. Good to hear it sounds like not much difference in real life.

Do you feel like the perforated leather will be more prone to tears in the long term? Hoping to keep the car til the wheels fall off.

Really on the fence, I need to just call up the dealer and see the almond interior in person. Looking to place an order within the next month or two... Need to decide/Can't wait!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks JerryO81! Couldn't find a good google picture that showed the difference in natural light, and the mazda website makes it look really off and really crappy IMO. Good to hear it sounds like not much difference in real life.

Do you feel like the perforated leather will be more prone to tears in the long term? Hoping to keep the car til the wheels fall off.

Really on the fence, I need to just call up the dealer and see the almond interior in person. Looking to place an order within the next month or two... Need to decide/Can't wait!
I just uploaded some pics to here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/members/jerryo81-albums5402-my+3.html

I didn't get done with work in time to take some good outside pics, so these are from the garage tonight.

I was worried about the leather tearing at first too, but it's a good thick leather. I don't think it has any more chance of tearing than any other kind of seat. The perforation is good too. The leather doesn't get too hot and sticky in the Arizona heat. If you go check out a car at the dealership, you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just uploaded some pics to here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/members/jerryo81-albums5402-my+3.html

I didn't get done with work in time to take some good outside pics, so these are from the garage tonight.

I was worried about the leather tearing at first too, but it's a good thick leather. I don't think it has any more chance of tearing than any other kind of seat. The perforation is good too. The leather doesn't get too hot and sticky in the Arizona heat. If you go check out a car at the dealership, you'll see what I mean.
Alright, you win sir. I'm convinced. You have the car I want. I'll take mine with a stick and replace the Arizona Cardinal mats with St Louis Cardinal mats and I'll be set.

What % tint do you have? Looks good!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
While I'll never own a black car again, the black ext/almond int combo is a gorgeous combination.

Same here, my previous car was black and it was like driving an oven during the summer lol Then again, the a/c was pretty weak on that pontiac compared to the mz3. But still, don't think I'll ever own a black car again. Too hot and hard to keep clean, tho when it's clean it shines and looks so slick. Usually lasts a day or so after a wash :D

However, this car looks great @JerryO81 that combo is goes so well together. I agree, black on black would be too much black. This almond interior gives it some very needed contrast. I wish they offered almond interior for the white like they do on the mz6 :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts