2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not Jessica, she's my girlfriend. Last week she bought a white Mazda 3 5 door 2.0 isport. That's when my crackhead mod addiction reappeared(not working on anything of my own right now). I'm new to Mazda, so I thought I'd put this up to get any feedback from those more knowledgeable than me, and cause it's fun. So any feedback is appreciated. I'll list below the mods... in a separate post, cause I need to buildup my post count, not sure if I can even post pics yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my thoughts...

Interior...
Cargo liner, we have dogs...
Soft Mazda 3 5 door oem

Floor mats
All weather Mazda oem

Stereo... haven't decided which speakers yet, but switch out oem 6 and add a small amp(if adding amp is possible)

Seats, she wants leather, she's got quotes for $1299 all

Exterior...

Tint 20%

Front air dam oem

Rear underskirt 5 door oem

Side still extensions oem

Wheels... rtx envy matte gunmetal. 18x8 all around

Tires... nitto nt555 g1 225/45 18(im not sold on this size yet, just initial thoughts, I love nittos though)

Springs... I'd like to get the racing beat springs just to drop the car a bit, but I don't want to stiffen the ride as it will just be a daily driver.

Mgp matte black caliper covers

Apg black horizontal billet main and bumper grill

Engine

K&n 69 series typhoon aluminum cold air intake with red filter

Tune.... undecided

This is not my car, these are not the things I would necessarily do, they're catered to her. Anyway, if you see any flaws in my thoughts please let me know, or if you just want to call me stupid, please I'm all ears(they do stick out a bit).

Shack

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Sounds like we have the same car and same addiction! Nothing wrong with base trim!

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
damnit i swear everyone has tint but me lol, and I have the top trim :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used to have 20% tint all around on my 2012 Focus. I found after a while that my night time ability to determine pedestrians at intersections when turning left or right was actually compromised at night, especially when there weren't any street lights nearby. Should be careful with that. Then again, the A-pillar setup for my mazda is different from the Focus so that could be a deviation from this observance. I'm still deciding if I should tint mine as well, if I do may be 50 front 35% back and rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got tints on my '16 HB a few weeks ago. 35% front (legal min.) 20% back and rear. I definitely wouldn't go lower than 35 on the front windows specifically for night time visibility.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added Mazda oem rear spoiler
Dropped tune... she doesn't want to use 91 octane and I questioned how much would be gained on regular unleaded. Just seemed like a bit too much for her, cause she doesn't really care about it.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Many have scrapped. I have never scrapped though I "plan ahead," always scanning ahead at driveway apron angles. For example, I only go in and out the same one (of two) driveways to my gas station, and do similarly to our favorite restaurant. The second one would cause scrapping. And of course, 100% of the time on other than flat surfaces, I do the standard 45 degree approach.

The thing that gets even more of my attention is the end of parking space curbs. I give them an extra 1' of space -- for not wanting to buy a new splitter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone have clearance issues after they installed front splitter.... parking blocks etc?
Like Road Trip said you have to watch any time you park and entering and exiting roads. After driving pickup trucks for the last 30 years, I scrapped the bottom of the front bumper cover the first week I owned the car (no damaged:smile2:) This was before I added the front lip.
I like your Slingshot, that is about as daring as you want to get on the roads in FL. We have a condo in Kissimmee, and I can't believe how people drive down there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Like Road Trip said you have to watch any time you park and entering and exiting roads. After driving pickup trucks for the last 30 years, I scrapped the bottom of the front bumper cover the first week I owned the car (no damaged:smile2:) This was before I added the front lip.
I like your Slingshot, that is about as daring as you want to get on the roads in FL. We have a condo in Kissimmee, and I can't believe how people drive down there
Thanks all for the feedback. I told her she needed to be careful with parking blocks, I'll try to remind her when I'm in the car. I think she'll be ok, she is soooo excited for everything to come in.

Thanks @Ranchero. The slingshot was a ton of fun to drive outside of the city on some twisties. In town though it was more of just an exhibit, especially when it was new. Stock hp is 174, I think I was near 300hp(guess never dynod) running 8lbs. It was entirely too much power for that single rear wheel, just burn through tires. Good for the highway though. I guess I'm used to how people drive down here. I'm a sales rep and do 4-5000 miles a month, I swear one day I'll by a dash cam and start my own YouTube channel.

I hate the waiting....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So this and the navi plug in arrived today. I thought this was funny...me, "babe do you want to open it to see it"? Jessica, "I don't even know what it is". Made me laugh a bit

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts