2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
You can probably get an idea of how this works and how it looks from a new CX-9 signature edition. Those have the same thing.

As for it fitting a 2017...I'm not so sure about that. I don't know what the actual part looks like, but the grilles are obviously very different from '14 - '16 vs. '17 refresh. So if the piece is bendable, sure, I guess it might be a one-size fits most type thing. But I'd be weary about ordering this for a '17. That's crazy expensive to only find out it doesn't fit. Not to mention, for $450, I'd expect a whole new grille...haha

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can probably get an idea of how this works and how it looks from a new CX-9 signature edition. Those have the same thing.

As for it fitting a 2017...I'm not so sure about that. I don't know what the actual part looks like, but the grilles are obviously very different from '14 - '16 vs. '17 refresh. So if the piece is bendable, sure, I guess it might be a one-size fits most type thing. But I'd be weary about ordering this for a '17. That's crazy expensive to only find out it doesn't fit. Not to mention, for $450, I'd expect a whole new grille...haha
in this catalog you can see is the same part number for the 2017 facelift(page 12):
?MAZDA????? ShopOptions???? | ??????

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Japan has all the cool stuff. I would be broke as a joke if they offered all of that over here...lol

As for the actual part, if it's in Mazda's catalogue, then I would think it must be correct. If you are so daring, we'll all be excited to see what it looks like!

Total Sidenote...Do the '17s in Japan have a different interior? (page 8 in that catalogue). That has 2017 dash trim, heated steering wheel button, redesigned steering wheel, but still has the center console of the '14 - '16 (with minor update for the sport mode switch). But then not on page 9?? Wtf? lol. I mean personally I prefer the center console of the '14 - '16 over the refresh, but still, I had no idea that was different in Japan...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Japan has all the cool stuff. I would be broke as a joke if they offered all of that over here...lol

As for the actual part, if it's in Mazda's catalogue, then I would think it must be correct. If you are so daring, we'll all be excited to see what it looks like!

Total Sidenote...Do the '17s in Japan have a different interior? (page 8 in that catalogue). That has 2017 dash trim, heated steering wheel button, redesigned steering wheel, but still has the center console of the '14 - '16 (with minor update for the sport mode switch). But then not on page 9?? Wtf? lol. I mean personally I prefer the center console of the '14 - '16 over the refresh, but still, I had no idea that was different in Japan...
You are right, its so weird that japan has this mixed interior. Btw i have to disagree, the main reason that kept me from buy this car was the interior, because i liked the 6 interior so much, but when they refreshed the center console and the whole interior, i jumped to it without question, looks way more ergonomic, better use of space(because of the electronic park brake, they have way more space to improve design), has a way more modern/premium look, etc

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
You are right, its so weird that japan has this mixed interior. Btw i have to disagree, the main reason that kept me from buy this car was the interior, because i liked the 6 interior so much, but when they refreshed the center console and the whole interior, i jumped to it without question, looks way more ergonomic, better use of space(because of the electronic park brake, they have way more space to improve design), has a way more modern/premium look, etc
You're absolutely right. I do feel the refreshed interior has a way more modernized look to it; while the '14 - '16 might be a little "sportier" with it's ebrake handle, red stitching (which I couldn't live w/o), the mechanical tach gauge as opposed to the TFT gauge on the refreshed GTs, the carbon fiber accent trim... while they may be the same car, I do feel they're two very different cars taste-wise. Both very nice.

The best analogy I think I heard was the '14 - '16 was like a well-dressed man with his top collar unbuttoned and tie loosened. With the refresh, he's buttoned the top collar and tightened up the tie.

I am, however, totally jealous of the colored heads-up and heated steering wheel -- creature comforts, but totally cool. But I do feel the mechanical gauge cluster looked better than the TFT and of course, personally, I just couldn't live w/o the red stitching -- I feel like it provides the perfect offset that a pretty much black-on-black-with-silvery-chrome-highlights interior needs.

EDIT: Oh and also, that Mazda6 interior is something to behold... it is just stunning! Love love love it. Unfortunately, while the car looks very nice on the exterior, there's just something a little wonky to the design... It doesn't "flow" as much as I hoped it would.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're absolutely right. I do feel the refreshed interior has a way more modernized look to it; while the '14 - '16 might be a little "sportier" with it's ebrake handle, red stitching (which I couldn't live w/o), the mechanical tach gauge as opposed to the TFT gauge on the refreshed GTs, the carbon fiber accent trim... while they may be the same car, I do feel they're two very different cars taste-wise. Both very nice.

The best analogy I think I heard was the '14 - '16 was like a well-dressed man with his top collar unbuttoned and tie loosened. With the refresh, he's buttoned the top collar and tightened up the tie.

I am, however, totally jealous of the colored heads-up and heated steering wheel -- creature comforts, but totally cool. But I do feel the mechanical gauge cluster looked better than the TFT and of course, personally, I just couldn't live w/o the red stitching -- I feel like it provides the perfect offset that a pretty much black-on-black-with-silvery-chrome-highlights interior needs.

EDIT: Oh and also, that Mazda6 interior is something to behold... it is just stunning! Love love love it. Unfortunately, while the car looks very nice on the exterior, there's just something a little wonky to the design... It doesn't "flow" as much as I hoped it would.
Yes, i love the red stiching too, but the carbon fiber look isn't my type. But like you said, both are great cars.

·
Registered
327 Posts
the mechanical tach gauge as opposed to the TFT gauge on the refreshed GTs
?????

Sweeping needle tach is still around (there's one in my car).

Sorry for OT.

I love the grille illumination - looks great on the new 6's. But man I couldn't pay that kind of coin for it.

If you end up going through with it be sure to post pics so the rest of us can be jealous.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Someone on this forum did this mod on their pre-refreshed model lol. I saw one of these before too. The lighting is pretty subtle, but it does stick out a lot when you see it at night.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@dylanando

yup! That's it. Very sweet, but as @Studum said, that's a lot of coin to shell out for something as such...

Reactions: dylanando

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
?????

Sweeping needle tach is still around (there's one in my car).

Sorry for OT.

I love the grille illumination - looks great on the new 6's. But man I couldn't pay that kind of coin for it.

If you end up going through with it be sure to post pics so the rest of us can be jealous.
I don't believe my use of the term "mechanical" may have been 100% appropriate, because you are correct. you do have a sweeping needle. Just the layout is different.

'15-'16 on the left, '17 on the right. As already mentioned, much for "refined and neatened up" for '17. Perhaps a little more "sportier" or "looser" for '14-'16

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts