2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Just to let my first gen 3's know about my experience regarding these reverse lights.

In summary I do not reccomend/like these for multiple reasons.

These are too long for our housings, they fit but they hit the plastic. During the day they look horrible but at night they are decent there are shadows. Fitment was not great at first I thought I was sent the wrong ones but they turned on when in reverse. The pictures you will sww what I am talking about. The quality is nice of these bulbs they seem very sturdy but it's not for me

I got these via Amazon because I got taillights LED from the same brand and they were amazing so I tried these. So I am returning these and maybe getting reverse lights from Diode Dynamics or Xenon Depot. I already have reverse lights from VLED for my '16. amazing lights but way expensive.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Just go to Advance Auto and get a 2 pack of Sylvania 7440 LED minis. They work great. Those 7440 type bulbs you have are for tail light / brake light applications.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just go to Advance Auto and get a 2 pack of Sylvania 7440 LED minis. They work great. Those 7440 type bulbs you have are for tail light / brake light applications.
Than it was user error than. Usually I'm good at this stuff. I will follow your suggestion and do it. Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used these but I did need to put a resistor on the rears to keep from hyperflash: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VTS4WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts