2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Mazda 3, I noticed the other night while driving behind my wife my tailight was out. I remembered Arathol reccomended these lights so I ordered them and gave them a shot.

Before and after shots, the install you could say was easy but was a bit difficult to get back into the housing since the plastic holder where the bulbs go were melted/breaking.

As you can see it's a red led and not white to avoid a pink light but to achieve a deep red. Visually they look fantastic and they look much better than before. I'll add brake shots and night shots as well later.

I would as of right now to get these vs other brands even though I have the VLED V6 Triton for my 2016 Mazda I would get these.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a 2008 Mazda 3, I noticed the other night while driving behind my wife my tailight was out. I remembered Arathol reccomended these lights so I ordered them and gave them a shot.

Before and after shots, the install you could say was easy but was a bit difficult to get back into the housing since the plastic holder where the bulbs go were melted/breaking.

As you can see it's a red led and not white to avoid a pink light but to achieve a deep red. Visually they look fantastic and they look much better than before. I'll add brake shots and night shots as well later.

I would as of right now to get these vs other brands even though I have the VLED V6 Triton for my 2016 Mazda I would get these.
Were these bulbs Plug & Play? Also, do they interfere with the vehicle's cruise control? I tried a set of brake lamps from SuperBright LEDs and, unfortunately, they prevented the cruise control from proper operation. Shame, because I want all of my brake lamps to be LED.

Also, where did you purchase these bulbs?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were these bulbs Plug & Play? Also, do they interfere with the vehicle's cruise control? I tried a set of brake lamps from SuperBright LEDs and, unfortunately, they prevented the cruise control from proper operation. Shame, because I want all of my brake lamps to be LED.

Also, where did you purchase these bulbs?
Gary, im also a huge fan of LED since my 2016 Mazda 3 has literally all the lights converted to LED.

answering your question these were plug and play, no resistor,splicing,hyper-flashing.... literally took out the ugly halogens and put in the LEDS. but i did notice there was some damage to my connector like they were getting melted by the halogens, did take me a bit to plug in the LEDS but overall im very satisfied with these.

regarding the cruise control i have not even thought of that. i will have to get back to you on that.

i bought these via Amazon, they were 19usd give or take. BUT be wary there are some that do a strobe effect made by the same company.

i have there in my '08 and i have the V6 Tritons in my '16 so far price wise i would go with these.

Reactions: Gary_L

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gary, im also a huge fan of LED since my 2016 Mazda 3 has literally all the lights converted to LED.

answering your question these were plug and play, no resistor,splicing,hyper-flashing.... literally took out the ugly halogens and put in the LEDS. but i did notice there was some damage to my connector like they were getting melted by the halogens, did take me a bit to plug in the LEDS but overall im very satisfied with these.

regarding the cruise control i have not even thought of that. i will have to get back to you on that.

i bought these via Amazon, they were 19usd give or take. BUT be wary there are some that do a strobe effect made by the same company.

i have there in my '08 and i have the V6 Tritons in my '16 so far price wise i would go with these.
If the brake lamp bulbs don't cause issues with the cruise control, then I'll get a set. I have a thread around here where I detail my experience going LEDs. One thing for certain is I would not recommend the 6000K bulbs for the map lights. They light the interior of my car to overpowering levels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the brake lamp bulbs don't cause issues with the cruise control, then I'll get a set. I have a thread around here where I detail my experience going LEDs. One thing for certain is I would not recommend the 6000K bulbs for the map lights. They light the interior of my car to overpowering levels.
ill get back to you on that. my wife drives that car so i have to take it for a test drive to see if it causes interference. I have VLED 6k for my '08 and i got Precision LED interior 5k for my '16. at first its a huge difference but you will get used to them. the VLED is more subtle and not as bright as the precision led but both are really good quality.

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
I have these in the brake and marker lights. No issue with cruise control that I have seen, but I have installed the resistors to trick the control modules into thinking the proper bulbs are there. As for the strobe thing, my brake lights flash once when they are activated then stay on, not sure why. Not a bad thing I think.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have these in the brake and marker lights. No issue with cruise control that I have seen, but I have installed the resistors to trick the control modules into thinking the proper bulbs are there. As for the strobe thing, my brake lights flash once when they are activated then stay on, not sure why. Not a bad thing I think.
Thanks Arathol for your input! I got these since i believe you suggested them. they are very nice and recommend them also. i did not add a resistor and have not problems so far.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

https://youtu.be/GH1prgaM_MA

I took it a step further and did a video. I did a ride around and there was no interference whatsoever.

Reactions: Gary_L
1 - 8 of 8 Posts