2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try this out as an attempt to use a Japanese proxy shopping service, just to get an idea of the whole buying-from-japan process. We choose to buy this cabin air filter as a tester plus we get to test if this air filtration are any better than a) stock OEM filter KD45-61-J6X, b) retrofitting a furnace filter into the cabin slot, c) other 3rd party HEPA filters which I cannot find availability yet.

It's claims to be carbon activated, removes bateria, odor, and it's antifungal while maintaining good air flow. Capable of removing about 90% of 2.5μm particles, about 65% of 1.0μm particles, about 30% of the catch 0.3μm particles.

抗ウィルス抗菌・防カビ 脱臭 安定風量 , 2.5μm粒子を約90%、1.0μm粒子を約65%、 0.3μm粒子を約30%キャッチ。

Full translation from catalog:
立体構造帯電不織布の採用により高い除塵性能を実現したフィルターが、車外からの花粉・黄砂・ホコリ・微粉塵 などをキャッチ 。さらに活性炭層が排ガス臭のもと
(アセトアルデヒド)を吸い取り、抗ウィルス剤や抗菌剤の採用により菌・カビの繁殖を抑制 。これらの機能を実現しながら、こだわり設計により快適なエアコン風量を維持します。

"Filter that shows the real high-performance dust removal by the adoption of non-woven three-dimensional structure is power band, and catch pollen, yellow sand, dust, fine dust from the car outside. Activated carbon layer is under the exhaust gas odor further
I absorb (acetaldehyde), inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold the adoption of antimicrobial and antiviral agents. While represent actual these features, you can keep the air volume air conditioning a comfortable feelings by design."

Once the product arrives, I'll update here for more information and review.

Part price is ¥4,911 ($50USD) or works out to $75-$80USD after adding the proxy-services & shipped to North America.
Very expensive but still want to give it a try :) Hopefully my family would sneeze & suffer less during allergy seasons.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Love the Japanese brochure :) Hope it works out well for that price though.. I have really bad allergies too but I don't know if I could justify that much every year for a new filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts