2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Everybody to the Limit!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to this? Its posted on MOCC. Sounds like it might be fun!

Tri-Point Engineering (TRI-POINT ENGINEERING - TRI-POINT ENGINEERING) is going to have an "Open House" & Cruise on Saturday, January 25th.

The open house will start at 9am with coffee & donuts for the people that get there early.

This will give you an opportunity to check out the shop, talk to Mark (the owner) and the other guys that work there, see their Mazda 3 racecar and some of the other cars in the shop (Hopefully mine will be out of the shop by then lol). You can also check out their MZR DISI race motor that has one of the first versions of auxiliary PI fueling - done even before the 5th/6th port setup and the JMF PI manifold. Not sure if there will be deals to be had on parts/services, but won't hurt to ask if you're interested in something.

Around 11am, the plan is to cruise through one of the canyons (maybe Topanga?) over to PCH and drive up PCH to grab lunch somewhere - maybe Neptune's Net, maybe someplace else TBD.

After lunch, people would head their own ways.... Good time to hit up some of the other canyons or just cruise up/down PCH.

Facebook Event Page

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Im going..

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I'm kind of down but @DomTheGhost was planning an Angeles Crest New Years' Cruise on the 26th. I do not wish to drive that (all the way to Newcombs Ranch!) AND this all in the same weekend. That's almost a full tank of gas if I'm having "fun" with my car. I'll have to decide which one I'd rather.

If I go I won't be cruising down Topanga like the tentative plan states -- that's the boring route. I'll lead a group to turn onto Mulholland Dr., and then take Mulholland Hwy all the way to the PCH. Is anyone down for that? M3R/MOCC subgroup Mulholland cruise.

Reactions: RedTape

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
I will be going as well. I can't comment about Neptunes Net because I have not been there before but hopefully there will be enough parking for everyone!

Also as far as the cruise goes, I'm not looking to run my car into the ground or anything so whatever group I go with I'll be chilling in the back :p #becauseshowcar

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
I'm kind of down but @DomTheGhost was planning an Angeles Crest New Years' Cruise on the 26th. I do not wish to drive that (all the way to Newcombs Ranch!) AND this all in the same weekend. That's almost a full tank of gas if I'm having "fun" with my car. I'll have to decide which one I'd rather.

If I go I won't be cruising down Topanga like the tentative plan states -- that's the boring route. I'll lead a group to turn onto Mulholland Dr., and then take Mulholland Hwy all the way to the PCH. Is anyone down for that? M3R/MOCC subgroup Mulholland cruise.
Lol, I might not be able to make my own event. Thanks for the invite, but I've got work on the weekends, unfortunately.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Angeles Crest drive is even farther I think. Newcombe Ranch is quite high up in the forest.

Update: Since the ACH Jan 26 cruise has been postponed, I believe I can go with everyone this Saturday. As I don't know who all is going to show up from what area, I drove Mulholland and Topanga again today in case I need to lead a pack of 3's. Both roads are currently slippery! I memorized the big trouble spots already but everyone not on good summer tires should take extra caution negotiating the turns (on either road) come cruise day.

·
#MonsterMazda
461 Posts
I'm not making this one. It seems a few people are trying to meet up at the SFV meet spot, before heading over to TriPoint. @MattGentle and @Oliverms3, can you guys keep us updated on that meeting time?

Have fun guys and ride safe on the cruise.
Bummer :(

We are going to discuss caravan details at the meet tomorrow night. I'll let everyone know here when we decide on a departure time from Target.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I think the main schedule conflict this weekend is the LA free museum Saturday event. I didn't realize it was this Saturday either, if I wake up early enough for this thing then sure I'll go, if not then I'm going straight to the Getty Villa and enjoying an art day not a car day.

Reactions: finaldrive

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think the main schedule conflict this weekend is the LA free museum Saturday event. I didn't realize it was this Saturday either, if I wake up early enough for this thing then sure I'll go, if not then I'm going straight to the Getty Villa and enjoying an art day not a car day.
Nice!!! Thanks for the info lol unfortunately the last time I went there we only had a few minutes to closing so didnt get to see everything.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
@MattGentle your pics please. I only grabbed these few before heading off to Latigo canyon to have a little more fun.

Ghost Rider! :shocked:

Also, unfortunately for us this was definitely the coolest car on the mountain:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts