2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so we have small group of us at work that are hitting the tack Feb 1 at the streets of willow, and this what we are bringing, and our appointed rivals.

FRS

driven by our supplier quality engineer
First time at the track
(car is stock)

he's rival is
Ford Pony car

driven by one of the production guys
First time at the track
Mods
K&n intake
Tokico structs
Front camber / caster plates
Summer tires

should be interesting to watch

Next up is 13' MS3

Driven by Me
First time at street with this car (handful of times in old S2k)
Mods
CP-E 3" cat turbo back
CP-3 FMIC
V3 accessport
Cobb tuned
JBR intake + tip
Autotec HPFP
K-sport coils
Tri-point race rsb
JBR short shift plate

my rival...

Driven by the production/ material manager
2nd track day
Mods
E-bay cat-less 3 inch Turbo back
V2 AP
OTS stage 2 tune
Autotec HPFP
Corksport intake +tip
JBR rsb
Cork sport short shift plate

he is still sore from his loss of 1.3 sec at big willow, lets see how this pans out.
if you go to the track day, look us up and say hi!

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blue mustang driver gave me a walk around his car, updated his hidden car mods.
Also shit talking at work has elevated (naturally) and side betting pools apparently have been created...

One of the current bets is
1st Red ms3
2nd Sliver ms3
3rd FR-S
4th Pony (V6 status mustang)

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track day is done and over I got screwed over by traffic ( fuck you porsche carrera s)
And on the last run, found out the ms3 gas gauge sucks balls, just about ran out of gas buy the time I cleared
Worth noting that an ms3 goes about 55 - 60 miles before you run out

Our crew of 6 + a mx driver went over and asked of there was something wrong rear view mirror or if he forgotten what the flags mean. His shitty line made it really hard to get around him, and I only had the power to keep up in the straights. Fucking asshole

Reactions: StaFForD

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Track day is done and over I got screwed over by traffic ( fuck you porsche carrera s)
And on the last run, found out the ms3 gas gauge sucks balls, just about ran out of gas buy the time I cleared
Worth noting that an ms3 goes about 55 - 60 miles before you run out

Our crew of 6 + a mx driver went over and asked of there was something wrong rear view mirror or if he forgotten what the flags mean. His shitty line made it really hard to get around him, and I only had the power to keep up in the straights. Fucking asshole
When the gas gauge shows 0 miles left, you still have about 3 gallons reserve.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the gas gauge shows 0 miles left, you still have about 3 gallons reserve.
When under "normal" driving sure. Pushing that bitch tells me other wise.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 gallons is 3 gallons no matter how you drive. how far you will get is the factor depending on how you drive
I don't think you get it...
I got 56 miles (track driving) out of a full tank of gas. The last session I went out with 4 bars, in 4 laps of 1.66 miles each. i coasted in to the pits and got to the track pump as it started to die. 2 gal of track gas and 13.82 gal in town, puts me right at the OEM stated 15.9 tank size. Don't know where this 3 gallons you speak of plays under at the track.

OEM gas gauges don't always read at the speed of consumption, my Honda was the best worst example, ran out of gas with 1/4 still indicated, cycle the key then it showed empty. Under normal freeway driving, it works fine.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I don't think you get it...
I got 56 miles (track driving) out of a full tank of gas. The last session I went out with 4 bars, in 4 laps of 1.66 miles each. i coasted in to the pits and got to the track pump as it started to die. 2 gal of track gas and 13.82 gal in town, puts me right at the OEM stated 15.9 tank size. Don't know where this 3 gallons you speak of plays under at the track.

OEM gas gauges don't always read at the speed of consumption, my Honda was the best worst example, ran out of gas with 1/4 still indicated, cycle the key then it showed empty. Under normal freeway driving, it works fine.
the tank is 15.9, and when the last bar disappears that means you've used roughly 12.5-13 gallons.

15.9 - 12.5= 3.4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts