2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in February I bought a 2011 Mazda 3 that runs perfectly but the brakes were rusted as well as the rotors. I bought new brakes and rotors and got them changed recently but ever since then I've had issues with my car.

There's a noticeable thump when I brake in park and reverse and now when I brake I hear a very loud grinding. If I go over bumps it sounds as if something broke. Unfortunately I can't afford to take it to the dealership to fix it. I've got 119k miles on it and I bought it at 108k. These issues only surfaced after the brakes and rotors were changed. Any ideas?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
So in February I bought a 2011 Mazda 3 that runs perfectly but the brakes were rusted as well as the rotors. I bought new brakes and rotors and got them changed recently but ever since then I've had issues with my car.

There's a noticeable thump when I brake in park and reverse and now when I brake I hear a very loud grinding. If I go over bumps it sounds as if something broke. Unfortunately I can't afford to take it to the dealership to fix it. I've got 119k miles on it and I bought it at 108k. These issues only surfaced after the brakes and rotors were changed. Any ideas?
The cheapest way is to double check if the brakes were torque to spec, lubed and assembled properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a friend of mine. no issues with the left side, just the right. specifically passenger rear tire. it got so bad i cant use my car so now im jobless xD

·
Vendor
44 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Mazda 3 :( I hope it's nothing too bad.

That said, if you ever need any genuine parts or accessories for your Mazda 3 shipped to you in the future, give us a shout. We also have some great exclusive Mazda 3 Revolution member discounts on our page that can be used at checkout.

Cheers!
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fixed it. My calipers on the passenger side weren't bolted fully and one bolt fell off the front caliper resulting in it grinding against my tire. After buying the bolt and tightening both calipers I have no problems besides the clicking in the shifter which is just something I've noticed, it's not serious. So glad I fixed it.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
I fixed it. My calipers on the passenger side weren't bolted fully and one bolt fell off the front caliper resulting in it grinding against my tire. After buying the bolt and tightening both calipers I have no problems besides the clicking in the shifter which is just something I've noticed, it's not serious. So glad I fixed it.

A good torque wrench can save you from bigger issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts