2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been working on my girlfriend's 2011 Mazda 3 2.0l. I grabbed a 2012 Ford Focus 2.5l long block from LKQ and swapped most of the items required to fit it. Off the top of my head: the valve cover, harmonic balancer, belt tensioner, alternator, intake manifold, exhaust header, trans, oil pan, etc. Had to remove the balance shaft to make the oil pan fit (needed for AC compressor) I timed the engine properly, soldered up the Ford oval connector for the VVT/VCT solenoid, because it's the oval and not the rectangle and popped her back in.

I'm getting 3 codes, P2088 (Camshaft Position Actuator Control Circuit Low Bank 1), P2017 (Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Circuit High Bank 1), and a Bank 1 Lean which I assume is from the P2017. I'm fairly certain the P2017 is from the vacuum nipple of the Actuator Shutter Valve (Part LF8J20170) which felt like it might have been a bit loose/damaged.

The part that's really making me scratch my head though is the fact that the engine rev limits at 4.2k or so now. Is this due to the VCT solenoid? Something I missed in the swap? Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts