2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I got a soul red iSport the first one available at my dealer back in october and I want to start doing some mods or changing up the look of the car now that its not covered in snow. So one thing I want to do is integrate an android tablet somewhere in the dash of the car. It is a 7 inch tablet and I saw other people mounting it on the middle of the dash where the controls are for other cars, but there is no space at all in this car, so I was wondering if someone had any ideas. I could go with just a tablet holder in the windshield but I kind of wanted something semi-permanent (removable but can stay there and look nice or at least decent). Any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also curious to know about this. They make air vent clips to put your tablet directly on the air vents which in theory is pretty cool. But Im wondering if this would cause my vents to break over time. Anyone with experience on this?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Im running a griffin windshield mount for my ipad mini in my car. Its pretty awesome having a 4g tablet with internet and traffic updates etc all right there. I would not attach a 7'' tablet to the vents seems like a little too much weight to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im running a griffin windshield mount for my ipad mini in my car. Its pretty awesome having a 4g tablet with internet and traffic updates etc all right there. I would not attach a 7'' tablet to the vents seems like a little too much weight to me.
Yeah this is what Im thinking. Can you post a pic when you can of yours mounted? I feel like with where the radio dash unit is at that it would just feel too cluttered with a tablet directly behind it

·
Registered
752 Posts
I cant get to facebook, photobucket, or dropbox from work lol. I can post one later but i dont think it will help you much im a genpu... could give you an idea of how you can angle a tablet from a windshield mount though

·
Registered
9 Posts
I cant get to facebook, photobucket, or dropbox from work lol. I can post one later but i dont think it will help you much im a genpu... could give you an idea of how you can angle a tablet from a windshield mount though
This would be great and much appreciated if you would.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...v-discussion/57690-my-build-what-do-next.html one of my old threads. third picture down. I have since routed the cable differently but you get the idea.
Thanks, our cars are different unfortunately. You dont seem to have the radio that I do that looks aftermarket and sits on top of the dash.

Proclip seems to make a cool mount that fits into the seams of your car but I just went out and looked and my car and didnt see any gaps that it could easily fit into unfortunately so im a bit afraid to go that route

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah I could see on the 3rd gen your dilemma. With that thing already on the dash it poses a challenge with picking a location to mount a tablet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm debating doing this myself. I'm thinking if there is a way to put a couple of mounts on the front of the radio, then put the tablet in front of it, I should be good. I only really use the Bluetooth audio on the head unit so everything should be controllable from the steering wheel or the tablet, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts