2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed lowering springs and coilovers on my Gen 2 MZ3 before, and I'm now upgrading to the ISC coilovers for stiffer spring rates. I've searched high and low for hours for a good explanation but I haven't had any luck. The front suspension makes enough sense to me, however it's the rears I need clarification on since there isn't a Mazda3 specific install guide from ISC.

The spring has a perch that sits on top with an adjustment collar, and the shock has separate adjustment as well. I've read that the springs with the perch and collar adjust height, and the shock is then adjusted according to that height? Meaning I would estimate the height I want with the spring, install the spring/perch, then install the shock and adjust it accordingly. But I've also read that ISC recommends a preload of 5mm in all 4 corners, so how would I do that? Is the previous thought correct or am I doing it wrong?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have jinxed myself by posting this. After more research, I decided to search installation instructions for BC coilovers since their designs are fairly similar. If I can assume the height and preload adjustments are the same then I'll be using the method BC uses. There is a link below with a write up and one for a video straight from the BC racing site. Of course the vehicles are different but the suspension setup is the same.

video: https://vimeo.com/122344042
write up: Infiniti G37 Coupe BC Coilover installation steps showing step by step instructions on installation, height adjustment and measurements

1 - 2 of 2 Posts