2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asking about issues regarding alignment in another thread but I figured since I think I have a suspension related problem, here we go.. My car has about 1,000 miles on it.. Recently the steering has felt odd when turning left.. It tends to really lean into left turns on its own... It has gotten progressively worse to the point of me going in for an "alignment" tomorrow.. The worst part is my ride height- my front left side sags about 1/2" lower than the rest of the car. My car was originally driven about 100 miles from another dealer to mine where I bought it. Not to say they did, but if the porter had hit something, what would be damaged that is causing the sag in ride height? Can my spring be adjusted to compensate? The steering itself feels different going right/left.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anything were broke based on what your saying it would be the sway bar or one of the sway bar endlinks.
Maybe it's slightly bent? The car drives straight for the most part.. Braking hard the car stays straight as well. There may be a slight pull to the left but probably because Im trying to notice it now. I don't hear any odd noises either, it just goes into left turns noticeably easier. I only notice the issue in turning.

Recently narrowing this down to the front left tire, what all could be susceptible to damage if an object or pothole was hit with this one particular wheel? The fact that I'm not getting any shaking at any speed up to 80+ (effects usually due to bent rim, alignment, etc) is making me nervous and I hope the dealer can spot the problem- although this always hasn't been the case in my experience. New car stress.. Wow.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I can say mazdas do turn left easier. The steering feel isn't the same left to right.

But if something is bent or broken I'd guess the sway bar endlink. Could be lots of things. But that would be my first culprit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you say that... Do you find return to center is not as strong coming out of a left turn also? I'm talking about not gassing it/no torque steer. My wheel snaps back great from right turns, not left.

·
Registered
583 Posts
When you take the car in or maybe even before let him know exactly what you are telling us as the alignment guy needs all the little stuff to do his job . Have an alignment place here that the counter guy takes the car out for a ride after any alignment and he can tell just by the way the car steers and goes around corners if the job was done right. You don't find that very often........ Needless to say he does all my alignment jobs.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Funny you say that... Do you find return to center is not as strong coming out of a left turn also? I'm talking about not gassing it/no torque steer. My wheel snaps back great from right turns, not left.
It's not drastically bad. But it's noticable. Nothing that would worry me. But if yours is that bad then get it checked out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get it checked out.
Thanks for your input- I just left the dealer. Toe was off an entire degree on the front left, less off on rear left. Car rides great now, however according to the dealer, within 10mm is spec for stock ride height and I'm right at 10mm so they wouldn't look further into the sag itself. They said keep an eye on it though.. Still bugs me!

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can cut a tiny bit off of the right front spring to make it even with the left front. will require experienced modder to perform this task and another alignment though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts