2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find any info in the forum regarding replacing the sun visor on the Mazda 3 with a visor that has an extender to block out the sun coming through the gap between the B pillar and the limit of visor.

Any suggestions?

I am making do with a simple cardboard cutout and hair rubber band.

·
Registered
172 Posts
For a rather expensive version, tint the windows :thumbup 1:

Seriously though, never seen an OEM extender. There are a number of universal ones that can be had though (but if you're like me and prefer OEM whenever possible, these might not be nearly as satisfying).

A nice 35% tint makes the side windows feel nice and can always get a strip on the front if you want (I personally don't like how that looks and just have clear tint on the front for thermal/UV protection reasons..)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car came with windows tinted (freebie by the dealer to make me buy the car ). I don't know the percentage, but it's dark. I even wondered if that was legal or not.... Anyway the Indiana sun is VERY strong and the tint doesn't reduce much the feeling of heat I feel from the SUN coming through that gap.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
If it came from the dealer, standard is 20% "factory tint" as they like to call it. If you are willing to spend the money, I'd say go to a tint shop, have them confirm the same percentage that's on your front windows and replace them with one of the heat blocking SolarGard tints. They are impressive for heat blocking. I was at a shop and they had a sample piece that had both sides equally tinted percentage-wise that I brought outside and you could literally feel the heat coming through the one side with standard tint and the complete lack of heat when you placed your hand under the SolarGard side. I was blown away. Their primary market are the fancy hotels in Vegas and it saves a bundle on their AC in the summer.

The car came with windows tinted (freebie by the dealer to make me buy the car ). I don't know the percentage, but it's dark. I even wondered if that was legal or not.... Anyway the Indiana sun is VERY strong and the tint doesn't reduce much the feeling of heat I feel from the SUN coming through that gap.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Indeed my tint is only 35% but it's the expensive ceramic tint and does an excellent job at taking the edge off the heat. Interesting it came with factory tint on it, here in Ohio our legal limit is technically 50% on the fronts so no one gets factory tint.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to be clear, the tint and "rust proofing" were done by the dealer. I didn't pay for these extras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts