2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Glad to be a part of the official Mazda 3 forums! There looks to be a lot of really helpful advice and topics, so I will most likely be staying around for a while! I look forward to providing any help or advice to anyone that may need it.

A little bit about me: I am a 30 year old disabled veteran. I am married and have 3 children (a girl and two boys). I am in college at USM, majoring in geographic information technology with a minor in film. I have a long history of computer work, but I get very annoyed when I have to fix them now. I did enjoy working on cars prior to my injury in the military, but I can no longer do it for very long, so mostly I give advice to others. This means that if you have any questions about your car, feel free to ask! In my spare time, I enjoy photography, film making, writing, art in all forms, spending time with my family, and being outside as much as possible!

How I came to own a Mazda 3i
I was driving a PT Cruiser prior to my buying the 3i, but I can tell you that the PT was simply a matter of convenience both in price and timing (remind me some time to tell everyone THAT story). Well, long story short, it starting acting like a Chrysler after about two years of me owning it (exactly at 105,400 miles). Rather than dump money into a worthless vehicle that I still owed $2500 on (and one I really disliked), I chose to buy a newer, more reliable car. I was leaning towards an Accord or a Civic, as they have a good reputation, but I also see them everywhere and I am not too impressed with the Civic's front body style. However, when I saw the Mazda 3i in the parking lot and it was love at first sight! I was shocked to learn that it was a 2010 model, a one-owner, and priced at $2k less than retail! Once I drove it, I wanted it! It's such a great thrill to drive, sporty and responsive in all areas, and very trustworthy and safe! The gas mileage is slightly less than that of a Civic, but I will sacrifice a couple of MPGs for some extra rear-seat leg room!

About the car: 2010 Mazda 3i Touring Ed., Crystal White Pearl Mica/ Black and Tan interior, 16" alloy wheels, Bose sound, power sunroof, everything I could want in a car plus a LIFETIME WARRANTY!! :thumbup1 1: Yes...for the life of me owning my Mazda 3i, I am under a full 100% powertrain warranty. There was no cost to me for this warranty, and the only stipulation is that I have my vehicle's routine maintenance (namely the oil changed) at the dealership I purchased the car from, or another ASE certified repair facility (with pre-authorization). Basically, I am completely ecstatic that I bought this car! It is by far the newest vehicle I have ever owned, and possibly the best!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thank you for your military service! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the 3, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: jsellis01

·
Registered
410 Posts
I didn't know there was a lifetime warranty option. Welcome to the forums. :)

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I guess you either love it or hate it...or maybe tolerate it and it grows on you. Anyhow, welcome to the forums...I think I might take you up on those auto questions.

·
Registered
598 Posts
welcome!

ah! a fellow filmmaker!

Reactions: jsellis01

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't know there was a lifetime warranty option. Welcome to the forums. :)
It was a local dealership that was offering the warranty, but there is a website called www.mywarrantyforever.com so it may be offered at other dealerships around the country. I would certainly look into it if I were buying a car. Lol...wait, I just did that, so I could sound biased! Either way, check out the website and do some google searches for dealerships that offer it! It is absolutely free and seems to be very beneficial!

ONE MAJOR CATCH TO THE LIFETIME WARRANTY THAT I HAVE: If I were to alter my vehicle's powertrain in any way, be it a mild cam or a turbo or even something as simple as an ECU controller, I would instantly void the warranty! This should be kept in mind for anyone with a factory warranty that is still in effect! Your warranty is void the minute you alter your car's powertrain! Do the right thing and wait for your warranty to expire before dumping a ton of money into performance parts! It will benefit you in the long run!

[edit]
...unless you simply cannot wait and must make your car a zoom-zoom beast...in which I completely understand! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts