2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on buying the hatch GT but so far I'll probably go moonroof and nothing else. The nav is nice but I can always purchase my own. Plus I think I'll be able to turn my own key. Don't need SAT, I'll be bumping my own music. Is there anything else in the tech package that I might not know of or should I just scrap the idea? Also random question does this car come with usb/ipod integration?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I plan on buying the hatch GT but so far I'll probably go moonroof and nothing else. The nav is nice but I can always purchase my own. Plus I think I'll be able to turn my own key. Don't need SAT, I'll be bumping my own music. Is there anything else in the tech package that I might not know of or should I just scrap the idea? Also random question does this car come with usb/ipod integration?
Perimeter alarm, keyless access, Sirius with 6 month subscription...that's about it.

No USB or iPod integration included. There is an AUX port in the center armrest, a dealer installed iPod dock...and depending on which iPod you have (Touch or iPhone, but none of the others), you will be able to use the Bluetooth stereo option once iPhone OS 3.0 comes out this summer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have been debating the technology package as well and have decided to not get it, but to get the front air dam and rear aero kit instead.

EDIT: I will be getting the moonroof/bose though. Gotta have a moonroof, and the best stereo you can get stock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I guess is it worth it depends on your definition of "worth".

I have no sense of direction, I admit it. I need a nav. And I hate the tacked on look of the portable nav stuck to the windshield and the cord running to the power outlet.

I also love Sirius radio (channel 103 Blue Collar Comedy rocks!).

Funny thing about keyless ignition, you sort of forget that you have to put a key into your other car when you drive it.

So for me, since I put a high value on an integrated nav and Sirius radio, and I do NOT want to mess with an aftermarket radio on this car (my wife is not an audiophile), then yeah, the package is worth it.

I really like where the nav screen is located, and I'm used to a menu and joystick entry system on my current Dodge nav system, so having the nav input controls on the steering wheel is a nice touch. But if you plan on replacing the radio anyway, then you're paying $1,200 for a $500 nav system and keyless ignition and a perimeter sensor for the alarm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For better quality and about the same price, you can get an aftermarket alarm+remote start and in-dash navigation or dvd system. Aftermarket is so much better than the factory.

tech pack cons

-small ass navi and looks cheap
-advance keyless entry
you push that black button by the door to open when your fob is near. I'm thinking the other person on the other side can push that button too and open your door ( not very secure)
- push start ignition ( I'll pass, I like to crank that soujaboy)
If you want to get remote-start, its going to be a pain to install and you probably won't need push start if u get remote start.
-alarm (probably a cheap brand alarm)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah truth is no need to spend the extra money for the technology package.... and tbh the navi system is way to small for my taste.... and i'm not into the whole push to start button on cars....

·
Registered
213 Posts
The other down side to almost all OEM Nav systems is the cost to update maps - it is usually in the $300 range for each update - no lifetime subscription. I would love to have gotten the pushbutton start and advanced keyless without NAV - but I was not going to pay for the NAV stuff.

I would have paid $500 for the advance keyless though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
oh yeah thats right lol i forgot that they charge a ridiculous amount to update maps.... a friend actually complained about that not to long ago... that just makes me laugh. I just have to bring in my portable nav inside plug it up and update for free.... but to pay 100+ for updates is just madness.

·
Black Mica
374 Posts
For better quality and about the same price, you can get an aftermarket alarm+remote start and in-dash navigation or dvd system. Aftermarket is so much better than the factory.

tech pack cons

-advance keyless entry
you push that black button by the door to open when your fob is near. I'm thinking the other person on the other side can push that button too and open your door ( not very secure)
- push start ignition ( I'll pass, I like to crank that soujaboy)
If you want to get remote-start, its going to be a pain to install and you probably won't need push start if u get remote start.
-alarm (probably a cheap brand alarm)

"I like to crank that soujaboy" :dancin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went Moonroof/Bose and I am happy I didn't get Tech Package, just cool looking stuff IMHO, don't forget it's your car. Either way I love my 3.

S3.

·
Registered
82 Posts
tech pack cons

Kinda agree, my Magellan has bigger screen.
I never really look into in-dash Nav unit..I'm sure they have something neat to display too when you play with the volume button but I really like the light show from the stock stereo when doing this :tongue:

-advance keyless entry
Not an issue. You (or the key fob rather) have to really be in the proximity of the door handle for the black button to work. So if you are on the passenger side door only the button there would work and not the one on the driver side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed a Z110BT navi on my M3s GT 2010, and its freaking awesome! 7 inch screen navi w/ voice recognition so you can tell your navi where to go/what to do and play the artist or songs you want on your ipod.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just installed a Z110BT navi on my M3s GT 2010, and its freaking awesome! 7 inch screen navi w/ voice recognition so you can tell your navi where to go/what to do and play the artist or songs you want on your ipod.
How dare you!
Posting something like this and didn't have any picture loaded. :tongue:
J/K.
Show us some picts though, seriously.

·
Black Mica
374 Posts

That's sweet. Correct me if I'm wrong but, do you have an in-dash that is installed on your M3?

·
Rust sucks. Move to TX.
101 Posts
I opted against it...the navagation screen is really small and people say the boss sound system isn't worth the money compared to what you can put in aftermarket for comparable pricing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.