2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Depends on cost of repairs vs actual cash value of vehicle, among other things...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ouch, maybe a little bondo here and there. No, really depends on any frame damage. If it is repairable, it might not ride the same if you indeed have frame damage. Let us know what the insurance says.

·
Banned
842 Posts
There really is no such thing as a "totaled" vehicle. Lets be reasonable with responding to my comment...I think most Gear Heads & DIY understand what I am talking about. :laugh2:
Body work is somewhat easy to replace fenders hoods etc., and frame straightening can be done as well and many times align the sub structure better the OEM or at least withing OE specification. It has always been a "MYTH" that a bent frame will never be as good as new if it is straightened correctly. If the vehicle is worth it or you have sentimental attachments then cost is not too much part of the decisions? You need a couple of Friends that can do advance body work though. Or look into a local body work class that needs a class project or even a HIGH SCHOOL shop class that is doing body repair projects and see if anyone wants the challenge?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Don't fall in love with it. Salvage title
? I guess if you're charitable and looking to donate a car to a college student go for it. It's a mazda 3, not a Ferrari or Ford GT rebuild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts